Update on PIP Claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Update on PIP Claim

jcalderwood
jcalderwood Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Hey all

Just looking for some information in relation to the pip claim that was placed in Feb 2020.  I’m still waiting for a decision on this claim and I contacted them about it last week. They said that the CM asked for more evidence from HP in relation to it and I requested that information from them.

Got it in the post this morning and it was a PA5 asking for information in relation to the first claim I placed back in August 2019, which was disallowed and await for appeal. 

Nothing has changed with the points I have received from the assessment this time round and the information on the PA5 says that it’s most likely I would have been having issues with mobility and needed aids for cooking, washing and bathing at the first assessment due to the effects of cancer treatment. 

From the looks of things they are treating this second claim as a change of circumstances and are looking at both claims or am I looking into it too much..

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.