Hello everybody — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello everybody

Options
file28
file28 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
my name is Phil  i am my wife's full-time carer she finds it difficult to use these places and form filling etc 
I have been lurking ? for a while now 
She/we have recently had the telephone assessment for pip after being on dla since 2008 indefinite award higher rate for both 
After a very short conversation with my wife the assessor let me complete the assessment on her behalf took 70 minutes he seemed pleasant and not condescending like some can be 
We have had the text from dwp stating that they have received the assessment and now we wait aprehensively as we have a replacement motability car on order as without it my would be housebound 
Heres hoping anyway 
Stay safe and healthy everyone 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @file28

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Yes I do hope that everything goes okay with your “pip assessment”

If you need any help/advice in the meantime please please let me know??

@steve51
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @file28 I’m Emma, one of the Community Champions.  Welcome  to the community. I hope it all goes well. Please let us know how you are getting on and if we can assist you with anything.
  • file28
    Options
    Thanks both and I have been looking and reading others posting on a similar subject 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community glad you have joined us

You can ring DWP and request a copy of the report this will indicate the number of points the assessor has recommended it isnt the final decision but more often the decision maker goes with the report

Fingers crissed for a good result and keep us informed 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @file28 - & welcome to the community, Phil. Pleased you have stopped lurking, which was hopefully a positive experience, & have joined us all.
    I'm pleased your wife's assessor seemed to be understanding in making you feel comfortable in answering his questions, & I hope you both get the outcome you hope for. As advised you can get a copy of the assessor's report (if it's about a week since your wife's assessment).
    Meanwhile, it's good to 'meet' you, & do chat here any time, join in with the discussions, or visit our virtual 'Coffee lounge.' :)
  • steve51
    Options
    Hi @file28

No probs yes please have a good look ? around.

Please let me know if there’s anything that you need a hand ? 

@steve51
  • file28
    Options
    Thanks all will keep you posted when we get news from dwp 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there I’m happy your wife’s Assessor was nice I wish her loads of luck with pip . This is a really nice positive forum welcome . 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @file28, great to have you with us!
    Scope

• CJ61
    CJ61 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    Hello @file28.
    I lurk a lot too! I struggle with saying anything worthwhile and feel I have nothing to contribute but I have had so much good advice and help from this forum that I have found it a godsend. I hope you have the same. 
  • steve51
    Options
    Hi @CJ61

Good Evening I’m not sure if we have meet before but I just wanted to say hello.

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,940 Scope online community team
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you @file28. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • file28
    Options
    Thanks for the good wishes guys 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.