Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Katiedanny1
Katiedanny1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I am on pip standard rate for both because I have lost half my leg and most of the other one sepsis. And to top it off because of all the pain killers I now have stages 2 liver disease and they said I had to make new claim because I am now bedridden so I have sent new claim of its been 4 weeks they siad someone is going to ring me with desision because of covid I am worried they will lower my money now what can I do 

Comments

• laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Hi @Katiedanny1

I'm so sorry to hear about everything you've been going through, it's an awful lot to happen to one person. Unfortunately at this point there is nothing you can do. You may need to have a telephone assessment with a healthcare professional at some point but decisions are taking a long time to come through, I think at the moment it's taking at least a few months for people to even get an assessment date through, then it's around an 8 week wait to get a decision.

The best thing you can do right now is try not to think too much about what is going to happen with your PIP, I know it's easier said than done but I put in a new claim in mid-January and didn't get a telephone assessment until mid-June so I was waiting 6 months for an assessment, then I received my decision 2 weeks later.
    Mum of one, I have M.E/CFS, POTS, ADHD, IBS and Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Hii @Katiedanny1 - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry to read about your health & medication problems too. Having put in a claim for a change of circumstances, it's possible all the evidence you've sent may be sufficient for them to come to a decision without the need for a phone assessment, or you will get a date for a phone assessment.
    As mentioned above, there's nothing you can do but wait. On a positive note, it's likely your award will stay the same, or may increase. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Katiedanny1! Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Katiedanny1 Welcome to the community glad you have joined us.

I too have lost half my leg due to sepsis and understand what you are going through. I am not bed bound but was housebound initially before I got rehoused to a bungalow.

I claim PIP enhanced rate or both it usef yo be standard daily living and enhanced for mobility but it was increased at my last review as I have other disabilities as well

Try not to worry about your PIP I know its easy to say but you can only wait and see what happens. I didnt have to have an assessment last time they just did a paper based 

Fingers crossed for you and i look forward to seeing you around keep us informed

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.