Carers Element Backdate — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carers Element Backdate

Connor_Delaney77
Connor_Delaney77 Community member Posts: 30 Listener
How much do universal pay for carers element backdate roughly for you guys?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    HI,

It will vary from person to person. I don't understand the logic in your question. I know you're waiting for a decision on the carers element but there's really nothing more you can do but wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Connor_Delaney77
    thanks  I’ve been waiting 3 week now hopefully should hear something this Monday 
  • poppy123456
    There's no timescales for any decision. I think i covered everything in your last thread about the carers element.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Connor_Delaney77
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Sadly I've known people wait months for an answer on backdating carer element @Connor_Delaney77, so it won't be quick.
    If you're owed a backdate it will be £162.92 for every month that you didn't receive the carer element when you were supposed to. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Connor_Delaney77
    This was my last 2 Payments what covers £9 then I realised why am I getting 9£ a month  but was cos I didn’t report I was caring, so would them 2 for backdated plus the first carers element payment what’s coming next month 
  • Connor_Delaney77
  • Connor_Delaney77
    So would them 2 be considered backdated? 
  • poppy123456
    So would them 2 be considered backdated? 

Potentially yes but as we have previously advised it's not easy to get the carers element backdated. I'm afraid all you can do is wait.
  • poppy123456
    That's rather a low amount of UC, i'm assuming you are paying back an advance payment on top of the carers allowance deduction
  • Connor_Delaney77
    Yes I am, they take 41 off me each month 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.