Pip telephone assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip telephone assessment

mum01
mum01 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
Hi, I had my telephone assessment 10 days ago. I had sent my forms and evidence in March. People I’ve spoken to on fb group say that they heard within days that they had been awarded and that because I hadn’t heard then it was more than likely would be a refusal. Anyone got any experience of how long they waited to hear please? I really need this as need to move into a bungalow, as can’t cope with stairs anymore.

Comments

• mum01
    Hi, bit of a long story but here goes! My house is being sold due to relationship breakdown. My settlement is tied up in the house and starting to panic now that I won’t find anywhere. I’m unable to work due to bad arthritis so am living off ESA . I have my adult daughter at home but she is unable to work either due to mental health. I have no savings to be able to put a deposit down on a rental house but council won’t help because of the money I will have once house is sold. The private sector is so expensive too but don’t seem to have any option. I can possibly sort a loan from the council but that won’t happen until I’m technically homeless. The stress of all this isn’t helping me and will only relax once I know I have somewhere in place. Can anyone suggest anywhere that may be able to help please.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community

I would suggest you get in touch with shelter who can advise

Another option could be to stay with friends till you find somewhere or boo into a b&b until you have the funds available.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Oh, a FB group, who usually not great with the advice they give. A decision can take anywhere from 2-8 weeks sometimes longer. 10 days really isn't long at all and most certainly doesn't mean you'll be refused, i've never heard of such nonsense.

You can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mum01
    Hi thanks. There seemed to be a few that had there assessment the same week that commented. I rang but I have to wait to get decision letter first
  • poppy123456
    If you live in the UK they will send the report before a decision's been made. If you're in N. Ireland they won't send it until after. 10 really isn't long at all. I know it's difficult but please try not to think the worst.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mum01
    Thankyou. I will try to be patient xx
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    @mum01 hi there if it makes you feel better I applied for pip back in feb and only had my assessment on Monday and I have heard nothing I called them today and it looks my assessment is being audited so it’s prob gonna take the full 8 weeks . 

I know exactly how you feel fingers crossed you get it back soon . 
  • mum01
    My goodness. What is an audit? I’m normally quite a patient person but this is awful. Good luck to you too
  • poppy123456
    @cupcake88 i thought you said your report has now been returned to DWP? if it has then it's not in audit.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Yeh it’s been sent to the dwp now they said they said it was in quality care but then sent over yesterday 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.