Correction to typo error on appeal decision. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Correction to typo error on appeal decision.

Options
Lulu_1949
Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
Hiya everyone just wanted to let you know it has taken 5 weeks for the correction to be done. Just had the letter this morning. I rang DWP yesterday who did not even know that My son had been awarded , I then rang the court who said a letter had gone out yesterday to us and to the DWP, it came this morning but the DWP say it is now going to be ANOTHER 6 weeks before anything is paid ...so 11 weeks, nearly three months from tribunal. Thought I would let you know incase anyone is in the same situation, take care and like the song, don’t worry, be happy x

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,178 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hiya Lulu just saw your post,oh that seems a long time, I had a correction on my appeal 2018 and all in from appeal to getting paid was under 4 weeks, it must be covid that’s holding it up, hopefully 6 weeks is the timescale they have to give you, and it’ll actually be quicker. Take care Lulu I hope your sons doing ok ?x
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks Lou67 , just our luck I am afraid, I think my son thinks he won’t get it and all our hard work has been for nothing but I have told him to stay positive , thanks for answering Lou67 x
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,178 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh no he’s definitely going to get it just a shame it’s taking its time to come through take care Lulu ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'm sorry it sounds like he's feeling quite deflated by it all @Lulu_1949. I'm glad the correction has now been done. Fingers crossed the payment is made quickly, it's been such a long wait for you already. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.