West Sussex - disability networks and seeking friendship — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

West Sussex - disability networks and seeking friendship

SussexAndy
SussexAndy Community member Posts: 15 Courageous
My name is Andy, I have a rare Neurological Pain condition known as CRPS, which share traits with both CIPN and Fibromyalgia.  I developed CRPS following successful cancer treatment in 2014, having to give up work in 2016 as the disability matured. 

Having a debilitating disease, my social circle has shrunk to practically nothing.  I live in a town were there are not many disabled people and everyone are health freaks.  Meeting new people is incredibly difficult for me.

I'm desperate to meet people, ideally for friendships and general hangout.  

I turn 42 later this month.  I enjoy movies, boxsets, gaming, art and music, as well as chess and backgammon among others.   I live in Horsham West Sussex and it would be amazing to meet local people to me who understand what its like to be disabled without the need of having to explain myself every 5 minutes. 

So if your in the area and you feel the same as me.  Get in touch.  Please also get in touch if you know of any local forums, chat groups etc 

Many thanks

Andy 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Andy how are you today ? Sometimes charities for certain conditions are organised in certain areas that might be a starting point for you? I also had to stop work at the age of 38 due to developing epilepsy and as you say your social circle does suffer, if you ever want to chat just send me a message.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• SussexAndy
    SussexAndy Community member Posts: 15 Courageous
    Hi Woodbine, that would be great. 

I've looked into local charities surrounding Pain disability as I dont fit into learning disabilities or am I able to do the physical activities such as Running, swimming and horse riding which tends to be the only other options in my area.   

Sadly there isn't much around where I am. 

I've a friend with Epilepsy and it effects people more then just passing out.  rather surprising actually and shocking too. 

Im happy to chat 

Andy

Brightness