Daydreams — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Daydreams

Oxonlady
Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
edited August 2020 in Coffee lounge
Hi everyone, I've been housebound for around six years and I have to admit that it's beginning to get to me. 
My Care Hours were reduced by Social Services 17 months ago and I'm still fighting to get them restored. There's now no time at all for my Carer and me to go out anywhere. 
I don't have any savings or transport. 
Having watched a documentary on the Ritz Hotel in London last night, I began daydreaming about taking afternoon tea there or maybe even spending a couple of days there. It would certainly be like stepping into another world for me and goodness knows I could do with leaving my world behind for a while! But of course it will remain a daydream. I wouldn't even have anything suitable to wear at the Ritz!

Does anyone else have daydreams and wishes, even when they know that they won't be fulfilled? 

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I’ve often daydreamed of living in Canada out in the wilds. After wrestling bears for my cornflakes  I’d be off painting the mountains and fir trees. I’d probably have a tame wolf who visits and I feed. At night the owls would hoot away while I watched my logs burn and puffed gently on a pipe. There’s nothing in the pipe of course. Well, after all, it is a pipe dream...

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Oxonlady
    LeeCal, that's a beautiful daydream!
    I'd love to visit a forest with streams and waterfalls and get to hug a few trees! Nature is so lovely and I need wide, open spaces after being cooped up for so long... 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Gu @Oxonlady That would be a real treat I love afternoon tea and the Ritz would be the best place.

I day dream about living in a nice hot country and being able to look out of the window or outside space onto the sea and just people watch and watch the world go by. Maybe one day 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    @Oxonlady some trees are easier to hug than others!

Giant redwood.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Oxonlady
    Hi LeeCal  true! A nice oak tree, a lovely olive tree or any tree with blossom would do me! An orange tree in blossom would be heavenly, the fragrance is out of this world!

I have another major daydream - I daydream a lot... I'd love to have enough money to come off sickness benefits and be financially independent, not need the DWP or Social Services. That would be absolutely fantastic!!! Let's face it, I'm never going to be well enough to earn that kind of money, sadly. But maybe, somehow, my dream can come true. 

Brightness