Agoraphobia and anxiety - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Agoraphobia and anxiety

Comments

• J35
    J35 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    rsx said:
    @j35 thankyou, I had my assessment on Wednesday last week, when should I call do you think? I did t want to call too early. 

I've deffinatly been dwelling on it, trying to pick apart the whole conversations to give myself clues of if the outcome will be good or bad so I deffinatly tho k getting the report will help prepare myself.

Good luck with your MR hope everything goes well for you 
    i got a text from DWP saying they had my report so i called the day after and they sent a copy to me (this was 2 days after my assessment) and not long after my report arrived, my decision letter came a week after i wasn't expecting it to be the fast and it varies on the time it takes from person to person (i guess i was just lucky) but yes i'd give it a week and call there's no harm trying.

yeap, sounds like your going through what i did re-thinking of better answers i could of given making the anxiety worse etc..

and thanks for your wishes i appreciate it 

@cupcake88 yes 1 month from the date that will be on your decision letter. so be prepared if you have to appeal, also it will help having the assessment report so you can use it to help you with your MR if need be. so my advice is to get it sooner than later but it's entirely up to you what you do  
  • rsx
    rsx Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    @J35 how long after you assessment did you get a text? I haven't had one yet, but I've not stopped thinking about the assessment I really need to ring but don't want to ring too early.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    @rsx when was your accessment again ? You applied originally in feb didn’t you like myself ? Fingers cross I have been thinking bout you i
    hope you do get the money you deserve . 
  • cupcake88
    I got a text regarding my assessment date before a letter there textes seem to be a lot earlier do they text you and let you know if you have been awarded ? 
  • rsx
    @cupcake88 I applied start of March and had my assessment last week. 

No I think you get a text to say when the dwp have you assessment back from the assessment people (dont know what they're called haha ) so just wanted to see how long it usually is before you get a text to say they have my assessment then i can get someone to ring to try and get a copy, try to put my mind at rest.
  • cupcake88
    Oh right so that’s not the final decision one that’s just so you can see roughly what they said did the person accessing your read back what he wrote ? 
  • rsx
    @cupcake88 yes I'm just hoping if I can get a rough idea of what the decision will be good or bad it might put my mind at ease and help me prepare for the next step. The not knowing is making me so anxious.
  • J35
    J35 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    rsx said:
    @J35 how long after you assessment did you get a text? I haven't had one yet, but I've not stopped thinking about the assessment I really need to ring but don't want to ring too early.
    2 days after my assessment i received the text. but it's different for everyone so no need to worry 
  • rsx
    I finally plucked up the courage to ring for my assessment report, the man was really nice on the phone and said he'll print it off now and it will be sent second class, should I expect it in about 10 days? 
  • cupcake88
    Oh that’s great . Did he not tell you any thing over the phone ? I hope you get it soon . I’m complentamating do I just ask for the copy of mines I had a text today to say the report is with them and I have up to a 8 week time to when they will send me a letter with the decision 
  • rsx
    @cupcake88 no he just said he would print it and send it second class. I got my text last Wednesday and I've been so anxious about ring g but also so anxious about not know so I just thought atleast if i have a idea of what the outcome will be I might be less anxious about it.

Yes I just rang, I was on hold for about 20 mins then I had to answer a few security questions and then I just asked of he was possible to get a copy of my assessment report and he said yes of course, I'll get that printed for you and it will be sent second class and I said thankyou, I was probably only talking to him for about 2 mins, which I was glad about because I just wanted to get off the phone. 
  • cupcake88
    I’m very bad on the phone and if I have to wait I’m a anxious mess . I will just wait I think for a decision . I really hope my one doesn’t take 8 weeks or yours . Does any one know how long it takes to get your back pay if you get a yes ? Do you have to wait till the end of that month ? Wouldn’t it be great if we woke up to some pennies in our bank before we get the decision that be a nice Suprise ha 
  • rsx
    @cupcake88 from what I've read the back pay goes in a few days after you get the decision and then your first payment is 4 weeks later, I might be wrong though 
  • cupcake88
    Make sure you keep us updated I really hope it’s good news for you if not we are here for support I know how I’m gonna full if it comes back saying I have no points or some thing when I know I deserve more with how my illness affects my life . 

• rsx
    Thankyou, I hope everything goes well for you too, I'll update when my assessment report comes 
  • cupcake88
    Hi I’m on hold to them now to request a copy of my report I thought sod it I’ll get a copy of it I’m really anxious I hate speaking on phone 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Fingers crossed for you @rsx! I hope it doesn't take too long to arrive!
    Scope

• cupcake88
    I just hanged up was taking ages I’ll wait for my decision 
  • rsx
    @Chloe_Scope thankyou 

@cupcake88 I was the same, being on hold makes my anxiety awful, I decided I would give it tp 25 mins and then hang up but luckily they answered, i think it said if you call after 10 Tues - Fri the waiting times are less, hope your ok x
  • cupcake88
    Hi chloe thank you for your support and rsx I thought I try them now just before they close and guess what still ok hold ha 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.