Help please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help please

Options
underarmour1
underarmour1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
received review forms through a few days ago, award was recently extended 6 months but I guess the assessment process is no longer on hold. My form needs to be sent back by 20th of August but I won't see my gp or other professionals until 18th August to gather supporting letter/evidence. Is there any way I can get an extension to send form back. This has all came out of the blue as after 6 month extension new award date was going to end in Feb 2021. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,980 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Your award is still extended by 6 month but PIP reviews are now back on so the form needs to be filled in and returned. You can ring DWP for an extension to return the form. However, you'll need to make sure that you post it in time for it to get to them. Post going to DWP can take 7 to 10 days to be added to the computer.

Letters from a GP aren't the best evidence to send to support your claim because they rarely know how your conditions affect you, they will only ever know the basics.

Anecdotal evidence is the best, a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you atttempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Please don't just put "no change"
    Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • underarmour1
    Options
    Thankyou poppy for your reply and advice. Do you know how long I can get for an extension to return the form.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,980 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're welcome. They usually give about 14 days.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community glad you have joined us

I hope you get an extension t allow you to return everything on time.

Keep is updated and I look forward to seeing you around
  • underarmour1
    Options
    Thanks everyone I took your advice. Gave them a call and they extended it for 3 weeks but they advised me to send it back 2 weeks before the extended deadline as it gets sent to a mail handling centre first and they it takes around a week to upload it to there systems. Least I get an extra few weeks to get my evidence together. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.