hi I've just received my pip decision can anyone help me what I need to do now to get a mandatory re — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

hi I've just received my pip decision can anyone help me what I need to do now to get a mandatory re

mk2000
mk2000 Community member Posts: 57 Connected
Can anyone please help what should I do?

Comments

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Hi Mk did you receive you actual decision or just the report did it come in the post today that was quick what did it say if you dont mind me asking was it completely bad news Im sorry to here this 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    You'll need to put the request in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Avoid mentioning any lies/contradictions that may have been told in the report because they won't be interested in any of those.

You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request it. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mk2000
    @cupcake88 yes I received it I can't believe it I only did the assessment Friday and got the report back few days later now got my desicion feel like they've proper had me on here 
  • cupcake88
    I’m guessing this was a week ago Friday not just Friday gone . How did you get your decision threw text message ? Did they give you any points hun ? I’m so sorry  yours came back really quick well at least you can focus on the mr please don’t give up please keep going 
  • mk2000
    @cupcake88 ye I can't believe how quick they told me 8 weeks decision I think they are fobbing people off more cause of corona virus i got a unlucky guy i guess and yea not even 1 point thanks hun
  • mk2000
    and yes decision by post
  • river123
    river123 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
    Mk200 So sorry to hear that.. Is this your first time applying for pip? I am currently going through the stage of applying first time at the miniute. I had my assessment on Thursday last week and a txt of dwp on the Friday to say they've received my report and I've rang up today to request a copy. I'm not looking forward to the outcome as the assessor was asking me some very odd questions! Don't give up what ever you do! Am I right in thinking you've had an assessment and got your report and decision all in a weeks time?
  • mk2000
    @poppy123456 @Username_removed hi what should i do i have rang dwp and they have told me they will send mandatory reconsideration letter out but have text me saying this You've asked us to look at our recent PIP decision again. We will write to you once we've done this. As a guide you should hear from us within 10 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.

Which I'm confused if you only get 30 days and they told me to send the evidence into them the dwp but I've heard you don't send it to them as it will take longer the evidence that I should send it to court im so confused I don't no what to do i really struggle with stuff like this can anyone please help its stressing me out bad
  • poppy123456
    cupcake88 said:
    I’m guessing this was a week ago Friday not just Friday gone . How did you get your decision threw text message ?
    They don't send any decision through a text message.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    mk2000 said:
    @poppy123456 @Username_removed hi what should i do i have rang dwp and they have told me they will send mandatory reconsideration letter out but have text me saying this You've asked us to look at our recent PIP decision again. We will write to you once we've done this. As a guide you should hear from us within 10 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.

Which I'm confused if you only get 30 days and they told me to send the evidence into them the dwp but I've heard you don't send it to them as it will take longer the evidence that I should send it to court im so confused I don't no what to do i really struggle with stuff like this can anyone please help its stressing me out bad

You should put your request in writing as previously advised in another comment of mine. Although you have requested it over the phone, which i really wouldn't advise anyone to do.

Before Covid19 the chances of MR's succeeding was less than 20%, now that has increased to more than 50% (which i do find extraodinary. You need to give yourself every chance of being in that high percentage and requesting it over the phone isn't going to give you that chance.
  • cupcake88
    Hi hun I was gonna ask did you send any medical edvidence or medication lists over ? You might want to do that with mr . And that Is good that more and more are successful that’s positive 
  • poppy123456
    @mk2000 i see you posted on my wall, i don't reply to messages sent on there, sorry.

Send the MR request to the address on the decision letter. Or you can use the MR request form in the link that Mike posted for you above, it will need to be downloaded and printed.
  • mk2000
    @river123 ye its first time but now I'm just confused about the appeal It really doesn't make sense ive requested for the appeal form but I don't no what to do then cause I've read dont send my evidence to the dwp to send it to court instead 
  • poppy123456
    I'm not sure what you've read but the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) is your first step and this is nothing to do with HMCTS (Tribunal) you need to send everything to DWP at this stage.

If the MR decision doesn't change then it's the Tribunal request.
  • mk2000
    Thanks poppy 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.