New Claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New Claim

Chelsea2928
Chelsea2928 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
hi I’m new here I’m just wondering how long/ quick have people received there back pay for new claim pip I had a telephone assessment 17th July and I know some people receive there back pay before they receive there decision letter

Comments

• Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Hi got decision letter over for weeks ago and still waiting 
  • Lulu_1949
    Sorry should have said four ... 4
  • ceilidh1990
    ceilidh1990 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    When I put my new claim in last year, I received my back pay exactly 4 weeks after my assessment. This time around for my change of circumstances, I received my back pay 15 days after DWP received my assessment report. In complete shock over the quick turn around time.
    Good luck! 
  • Chelsea2928
    Ok thank you I’m new to all this so thank you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    Lulu_1949 said:
    Hi got decision letter over for weeks ago and still waiting 

Hi,

Wasn't this from a Tribunal win? This will be different to an assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lulu_1949
    @poppy123456
    yes it was after a tribunal, was just trying to help Poppy,
    not going to offer my views anymore! 
  • Chelsea2928
    I’ve also seen on previous discussions that people request there assessment report can you still do this 
  • poppy123456
    Lulu_1949 said:
    @poppy123456
    yes it was after a tribunal, was just trying to help Poppy,
    not going to offer my views anymore! 

Really? what on earth have i done wrong now?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community, Yes you can request your assessment report approx 7 days after your assessment.

It does happen that people get the money before the letter. Your letter wll detail when payment will be made for both back pay and award.

A decision can take a while after assessment they say up to 8 weeks after the assessment so I wouildnt panic yet
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited July 2020
    Please don't feel discouraged from replying or offering your views @Lulu_1949, I believe Poppy was just explaining that the wait times for backpayments and first assessments are different so the original poster wouldn't think it would be normal to be kept waiting as long as you have been, it wasn't a criticism or saying you had done anything wrong. 

It's always useful to hear other people's experiences and it would be a shame for you to stop sharing yours. Fingers crossed yours is sorted soon.

On another note welcome to the community @Chelsea2928! :smile: Have you been able to have a look at the assessment report? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chelsea2928
     Hi Adrian I haven’t requested one as of yet but I will be ringing them in the morning 
  • Chelsea2928
    Hi just like to update you all I have received my back pay from pip and I’ve been awarded enhanced rate thank you all for your advice and hope everyone stays safe x
  • laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
    Ahh that's fantastic, well done! 
    Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
  • gillian72
    gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
    @Chelsea2928 ??hiya Chelsea nice one well done I bet ur buzzing make sure you take ur mask on your shopping spree ??
  • Chelsea2928
    Thank you and I will lol x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news and thanks for sharing 
  • river123
    river123 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
    I had my assessment on Thursday last week and then on the Friday got a text to say they have recieved my report so the day later, then today I have rang up requesting my report witch is being sent out today 2nd class so I'm hoping maybe wednesnesday I might receive my report and maybe that will indicate if I'm eligible for pip. What do I need to look out for in the report what will give me some indication?
  • poppy123456
    Compare those dots against the PIP descriptors online to see if there's any points recommended, they won't be added because it's a recommendation.
  • river123
    river123 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
    Great thank you

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.