Agoraphobia and anxiety - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Agoraphobia and anxiety

Options

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It can take up to an hour of waiting when ringing them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,284 Pioneering
    Options
    I’m still on phone waiting gonna try and wait it out I’m trying to relax I think it would be best to see the report so I’ll request it to be posted to me 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    We I’ll just spent all that time on the phone to be told there not allowed to send the report out before the decision but can send it out after the decision has been made she said there’s been no decision made yet and she said it was stressing people out so they aren’t sending reports out well just my luck she said the decisions are comming back fairly quickly she said so we will see 
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2020
    Options
    -Coughs- yes, i've heard them tell people this many times, including myself for my daughters last PIP review. Some will agree to send it and some won't. They most definitely haven't changed the rules, they will send it. Ring again and speak to a different person, chances are the next one will agree to send it to you. As you've seen from many other posts, they do send it.

There's no timescales for any decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cupcake88
    Options
    I just tried again got threw quicker told same as before . I won’t bother now I’ll wait grr just my luck I just hope if it’s a no I’m told sooner rather than later so can crack on with mr then hopefully i will have a tribunal date before  Xmas lol but I doubt that too 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They do send the reports before a decision's made for those living in UK.
  • J35
    J35 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Options
    i can confirm. i had my report before the decision they do send it. and good luck @rsx hope its better news than mine was
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Maybe they've stopped sending reports at the moment due to low staff & high workload in the current circumstances?  Not really fair once you've spent so long waiting on hold though!

Hopefully the decision won't be too much longer.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That's unlikely because a lot of people on here are still requesting and receiving them.
  • cupcake88
    Options
    I think I just got unlucky . I’ll wait till I get decision 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    @rsx I was wondering how you are and if you have a update on your pip ? I’m still waiting to hear back .,
  • rsx
    rsx Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    @cupcake88 hi, I'm not too bad, haven't heard anything yet but I'm going to wait 10 days and then ring them back for a update 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    Hello there glad your ok I have managed to get some one to send my report out to me so hopefully I’ll  receive that ASAP I’ll keep you all updated fingers crossed for you 
  • rsx
    Options
    @cupcake88 that's good, it's deffinatly put my mind at rest a bit knowing the report is coming , I'll let you know when it comes, yes keep me updated on yours, hope everything goes well
  • rsx
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Just got my assessment  report back, although the assessor seems to have understood everything I said and wrote it down he's only reccomended 2 points for daily living. He has wrote that I do not use the cooker and only prepare cold food as I'm anxious about cooking things wrong but has score me 0 points as he has said as it's mental health I could learn to use the cooker.

Also he has said how I get overwhelming anxiety whilst communicating with others except my immediate family but has only reccomended 2 point saying i need prompting to engage with others.

One positive is he has reccomended 10 points for mobility as I do not leave the house.

I'm hoping if the decision maker reads his comments they might see they don't match up although I know it's near impossible for that to happen.

If I do a mandatory reconsideration for the daily living will I still receive the mobility whilst they goes through?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi sorry you are not happy with your report 

If the DM goes with the report and awards standard mobility you will get this payment from date you applied even if you do MR
  • cupcake88
    Options
    I asked this same question the other day and I was told yes so you will still receive it while it’s going threw is that your final decision tho or just the report ? You never know you might score more for mobility or daily living 
  • rsx
    Options
    That's good thankyou 
  • rsx
    Options
    @cupcake88 thankyou, it's just my assessment report, he seems to have listened to everything I said I wrote it down accurately, just what he has ticked doesn't match up.
  • cupcake88
    Options
    @rsx have you received your actual decision yet or just the report ? Also can I just ask when was your assessment im
    pretty it was the same week at mines 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.