Statement of Entitlement — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Statement of Entitlement

mickw
mickw Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2020 in Transport and travel
We are currently trying to renew are sons blue badge, however the local authorities are asking for his statement of entitlement letter to be dated 2020. his current entitlement letter is dated 2017. they are insisting on the the letter being dated 2020, and we cannot move forward with the application until we send them the correct information. can you please assist, Many Thanks, 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    HI and welcome,

Yes most local councils are exactly the same. All you need to do is ring DWP to request a copy of his decision letter, which will have the recent date on it and then you'll be able to move forward with the application.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome as Poppy has advised they normally oissue the badges for a period of 2-3 years so need new leyyer.

Personally I think they should issue for the length of the PIP award this would make more sense
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @mickw. :)
    Scope

• exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    @Janer1967    My local authority [in Scotland] appears to be using Blue Badge applications as a money-making exercise by charging £20 for 3 years.  It's still excellent value at only 13p per week but if it was granted for the full length of the PIP award  it would probably be unworkable and impossible to check on correct use of the concession.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes I hadn't really thought of the financial side my council only charge £10 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mickw! I just wanted to check to see whether you'd found this information helpful? Have you managed to ring DWP and work to resolve the issue? 

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness