Share your favourite books - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Share your favourite books

1235»

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    Invasion by D C Alden part one of a trilogy
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• gaz1960
    gaz1960 Community member Posts: 292 Pioneering
    Got the latest Mark Billingham book today,"Cry Baby",the Tom Thorne series. 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    The classics Robinson Crusoe and Moby ****

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• calsiam
    calsiam Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    I love the Alex Cross books by James Patterson and anything by Harlan Coben. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    What are people reading at the moment? :)
    Scope

• HunrerHenners
    HunrerHenners Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    @Chloe_Scope I'm currently reading the kite runner it's an amazing read!
  • gaz1960
    gaz1960 Community member Posts: 292 Pioneering
    Written in Blood.......Chris Carter. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    @Chloe_Scope I'm currently reading the kite runner it's an amazing read!
    I've heard good things about this book @HunrerHenners
    Scope

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Anybody reading anything new this week? 

I'm currently reading the biography of Freddie Mercury, he had a super interesting life.

My favourite book or series has to be the Harry Potter ones. I grew up with them and it's amazing how enjoyable they still are to read as an adult. Plus, Stephen Fry narrates the audiobooks and his voice is so good to listen to.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I tend towards following authors that write books I like but tend to stick to 2 or 3 categories, one more than the others. I mostly prefer fantasy and science fiction but often dip into other areas like I did a few years ago when I read every book about "Sharp" I could lay my hands on. I ofc read every "Dune" books (around a dozen in the end) and then went onto "Lord of the rings" and "The Hobbit" but after that I came across a writer with some exceptional talent, Stephen Donaldson. I read about a character Thomas Covenant who became both a hero as well as being a Leper. It turned into a trilogy as complex as LoR but he then followed it with a further trilogy as a follow up. Finally, after much fan pressure and a long wait, he has written a final 4 book series to finish the story. I only got the last 2 books recently as I had basically stopped reading at all for a few years so I decided to re-read every book and have finally gotten to the third series having once more enjoyed his grasp of creating a world.

I have read many other books (I have hundreds) but generally don't fix on a book, more on the author when someone captures my interest.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I'm currently working my way through the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. It's been a while since I really found a series that piqued my curiosity, but I've got to say I'm pretty hooked on this and managing to read for pleasure again after many years of reading out of obligation or habit.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    How to see yourself as you really are, this is by far a philosophical book by the Dalai Lama, an interesting read.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Chloe_Scope
    I've just started reading the secret barrister, so far it's been so interesting! 

@Ross_Scope, I too love the Harry Potter series. This year I have been slowly working my way through the audiobooks. I have just started the 4th one. :)
    Scope

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    @Chloe_Scope

I hope you're enjoying the audiobooks, I read them last year and I'm planning to start them over at some point :) 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness