Pip renewal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip renewal

gitaparmar
gitaparmar Community member Posts: 24 Connected
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone my name is Gita. I had a query and was wondering if someone might know the answer. My daughters pip ends around the 22 January 2021. However we still haven't received the renewal form yet. I know it's probably only a couple of days over due but dwp are normally very prompt with sending out renewals. Does anyone know why we may have Still not received it.  Many thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Most likely because they still have a backlog of forms to send out as the reviews were suspended for 3 months. They are now back on and have started sending out the forms. If a decision hasn't been made by the end date of her claim then they should extend it by 6 months.

My PIP ends on 30th October and i haven't received my forms yet.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @gitaparmar and welcome to the community :) 

As mentioned above, things are taking longer than normal at the moment due to the pandemic, so there might be a bit of a delay in them sending out the renewal form. 

Hope you get it soon though, things should slowly but surely be getting back to normal. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • gitaparmar
    Thanks for responding Thai makes me feel at ease now. Poppy can I just ask you say yous is due in October have you had a letter to say yours will be extended then?

• poppy123456
    edited August 2020
    No not yet but i'm sure i'll receive it soon. My daughters runs out in Feb 2021 but i haven't received anything for hers yet either.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • gitaparmar
    Ok thanks. I might sound like a stupid question. But do i  take it if there is a delay processing the claim then they will automatically exten it
  • poppy123456
    Yes awards are being extended for 6 months if no decision's been made on the renewal.
  • gitaparmar
    Ok thank you so much for your info. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I hope the info given has put your mind at ease, just wait till they get in touch with you, but use the time to get together any required evidence
  • gitaparmar
    Hi there thank you. Yes it has put my mind at ease. Coz I was thinking of calling them before but now I won't and will wait.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.