Pip Backdated query — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Backdated query

Options
Leelink
Leelink Community member Posts: 16 Connected
Hi all.
Ive been currently transferring from DLA to PIP and scored 0 points. I then did MR and got 0 Points. I have applied for a tribunal and currently awaiting DWP response. I checked my bank account today and found there to be a lump sum of £1,946.57 from DWP PIP in my bank today. I have heard nothing from PIP about any of this. 

My last DLA payment was on 5th May 2020. Anyone have any ideas what happening? or could be happening?
Many Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi,

Sounds like you've been awarded PIP. However, we won't be able to tell you what's happened and for this you'll need to ring DWP to ask. Your letter should arrive in the next few days.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Leelink
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. Its just a random thing to have happen since i'm still waiting for the DWP to respond to my Tribunal request (By tomorrow). 
    Will get back in touch when i know more.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You won't be the first person to have been awarded by DWP before a Tribunal hearing. Judging by the amount then i'd say it's Enhanced for both parts but of course i could be wrong, it will depend how many weeks exactly they owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Leelink
    Options
    Quick update. Had an email from the appeal service saying "DWP has told us they changed their decision about your entitlement to PIP in your favour. We’ve therefore closed this appeal." So now just waiting for some letter from them.
  • Leelink
    Options
    Final update on the matter. Received letter now. Enhanced for both Care/Mobility for an Ongoing period (what does this mean?)

Very happy on the decision and glad its now been sorted. Many thanks for the help.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That's great news. Ongoing means a maximum award of 10 years.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What a great result thanks for sharing with us as this will be helpful for other members 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.