Support group.to work.reledet activities group. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support group.to work.reledet activities group.

meymay93
meymay93 Scope Member Posts: 179 Connected
Hi I am worrying if I said wrong group give me big problem.i cant handle if I keep.how it is  when they see me I cant even walk and mentally ill.i call tommorow my social.worker this evening I take lot tablet just forget about this problem not get up next morning till all finish 

Comments

• meymay93
    Hi this morning I call ESA because my money was cut last since 2016 I am on support group but now they put me work related activity group why my sickness get worse I have also mental.health whit out telling me they change my group  thank you for help
  • meymay93
    I have self arm problem lot health problem.are they not call gp found out our health problem 
  • meymay93
    Please help me for I am worrying badly I am tired lot I am all ways work but since 2016 I am I'll just kill my self and all end they not call me any more I don't ask anything for then 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm assuming that you've had a recent work capability assessment and they've placed you into the WRAG.

You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put this in writing stating why you think you should have been placed into the Support Group.

If you are able to get some help with this from an agency near you then i'd advise you to do that. This link will help with that.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    You should have received a decision letter from DWP regarding this and what group you were placed into.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • meymay93
    I am so worrying now is support group.is time limit that is  problem they change my support group to activity group.
  • poppy123456
    The work related group is only time limited if you're claiming contirbutions based ESA. If you're claiming Income Related then it's not time limited. Do be aware that this group is less money every fortnight.
  • meymay93
    Yea they cut my money now  but I am still worrying they not forse me work because even  if contact my CP and I have social worker from mental health team they gone give care soon I not able to do anything i can't even go out my self 
  • meymay93
    And couple time I done self harming which is I fell now just I had upset let me go better 
  • poppy123456
    You need to request the Mandatory reconsideration on the decision. See link and it will explain how to do that. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/problems-with-esa/challenging-an-esa-decision/

If you have a social worker then maybe then can help you do this, or help you find someone that can help.

• poppy123456
    You will not be expected to look for work while in this group. Although you maybe expected to attend appointments at your local job centre, or telephone appointments with your job coach.

Please speak to your social worker to see if there's anything they can do to help.
  • meymay93
    Thank you so much tomorrow call social worker still worrying 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @meymay93 - it's lovely to hear from you again, but so sorry you are worrying badly. I know how much your work as a carer mattered to you, but now you are no longer able to work, I hope you will care for yourself.
    I don't know if you remember, but you & I talked quite a lot last year. Did you or your daughter ever contact Scope?
    I will send you a message, if that is OK. Scope can help, if you will let them, & you matter very much to myself, the Scope team, & very importantly your daughter. 

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @meymay93, I'm really sorry to hear how things have been recently. It sounds like it's been a really tough for you.

Can I just ask, are you currently receiving any mental health support?

If you are feeling suicidal you could call Samaritians on 116 123 to be in touch with a crisis volunteer. Also, SHOUT have a similar service which is mental health support over text. If you text SHOUT to 85258 a crisis volunteer will be in touch. 

MIND also have guidance on how to manage suicidal thoughts which can support you in the short term. I'm concerned by your mention of wanting to kill yourself. Have you made any type of plan?

We are a pan-disability charity, and while we support those who are struggling with their mental health, we are not trained. We care for your wellbeing and ask that you speak to a mental health professional who will be able to support you. 
    Scope

• meymay93
    Thank you so much I am really bad last how many take tablet not member I just want to die just sleep.not wake up again 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @meymay93, lovely to hear from you. Are you safe at the moment?

You mentioned calling your social worker, did you manage to get through to them? I hope they are able to offer some support.
    Scope

• meymay93
    Hi yea I call scope today they contact to social worker for me before speaking scope I just want to die but scope help me I said my self I am not on my own I get help from scope thank you so much 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @meymay93. I'm really pleased to hear you called the Scope Helpline and that they're getting in touch with your social worker. Do you know who you spoke to at Scope? They're a great bunch so I'm glad they're helping you. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi i am so glad you came here for help and that the scope team have been able to help you and hopefully your social worker we be able to get you some support.

Try and think about your well being rather than the change in benefits, you and your daughter are the most important 
  • meymay93
    Hi thank you so much still wait social worker 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.