Starling Bank App. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Starling Bank App.

Options
Simon1986
Simon1986 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
Hi guys,

It was suggested to share this information in a post, so here goes...

Basically after a problem with my last bank, I had to close and open a new account - I needed something that would tell me everywhere I spent money on card, or, by taking out on an ATM, keep a total each day / monthly, and notify me when any money went in or out of my account. I found this with Starling...

Their phone app is amazing - basically it will send you a notification whenever you take money out of an ATM or spend on card (you need mobile data for this). They also tell you of payments coming into your account the next day and things like that. If you make a payment online they give you a confirmation code on your phone to use as well - this massively helps reduce the risk of card fraud!

You can set up spaces to save money, and you can setup a space with a card that can only ever have a maximum of £200.00 on it, so again, if you're like me and forget everything, you can't overspend!! :)

So yeah, if you need a new bank, or struggle and need more reminders about where is going and when, try Starling, it's helped me a lot!

Simon

Disclaimer - I DO NOT work for Starling, I got screwed over in June by my old bank due to not having any money coming in (account closure, supposed financial risk), so had to get a new bank - I couldn't be happier that this happened I feel much more in control of my finances now :)

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,656 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    To be fair I bank with RBS and have done for 45 years now, their online banking does most of that and I think their app does the rest (although I don't use apps), I also suspect that most banks also do pretty much the same as well.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Simon1986
    Options
    Santander (my last bank) were poop, my girlfriend doesn't get it with one of her banks either, and not as much information with the other one - not all of them are there yet, just thought it might help someone else like me, who doesn't have these options and is super forgetful! :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,656 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes sorry @Simon1986 i wasn't trying to be negative or unhelpful, i'm glad you are getting the service you need now, as for Santander only ever dealt with them once ...never again. Hope you are well today and enjoying the good weather?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Simon1986
    Options
    Didn't think you were, just thought I'd mention :) and yeah Santander suck!! Never using them again!

Nice weather?! Been and gone down here hahahahahahaha :P

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.