Support group.to work.reledet activities group. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support group.to work.reledet activities group.

2»

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @meymay93 - Hopefully tomorrow you will hear from your social worker.
    I hope you enjoyed the meal your friend made. Do they live nearby?
    How is your daughter? Does she know how you are feeling just now?
    I am pleased you rang Scope's helpline, as Adrian says they are very good.
    Thank you for the information you sent me. I have passed this on to Adrian.
    I am pleased you know you certainly are not alone. You have talked to me, Adrian & Chloe last year, & now you have heard from Poppy & Jane too. We all are here if you want to talk anytime.
    Please take care of yourself. Remember we are all here for you, & tomorrow you may find out more about the help you need.
  • meymay93
    meymay93 Scope Member Posts: 179 Connected
    Hi can you give me number I call today I get fone call he is very help me my friend live to far  she came because she now I am self harm I hope social worker call me thank you all support 
  • meymay93
    My dougther she work full time no time for me much now I am on my own most time I cant even go my self shower i have child hood abuse my ex husband bit me lot he also abuse bit my dougther now when I think all just want to die 
  • meymay93
    edited August 2020
    Hi I am all ways stand all night pulling my finger till blad came i fell some time if blood  came out from body all will ok just some time cut my self till blod came out because I have lot health problem i dont eat no sleep  no wash my gp put me mind but not open yet 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    meymay93 said:
    My dougther she work full time no time for me much now I am on my own most time I cant even go my self shower i have child hood abuse my ex husband bit me lot he also abuse bit my dougther now when I think all just want to die 

Hi @Meymay93

I'm Cher and am new to Scope so you might not be familiar with my name! I just wanted to check how you were today and if you had anything nice planned?

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you have going on :(  It sounds like you have had a lot to deal with and I can understand you feeling sad about it.  

I wondered if you have ever gotten help for the childhood abuse you mentioned?  Maybe speaking to someone about those memories would be a good starting point.  This NHS directory helps people find contact details for psychological support in their local area https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/find-a-psychological-therapies-service/what-happens-when-you-refer-yourself If you type in the name of your GP it will come up with a list of people you can call :) 

In the meantime, and if you ever feel yourself having worrying suicidal thoughts, please don't hesitate to call Samaritians on 116 123. Also, as @Chloe_Scope told you SHOUT have a similar service which is mental health support over text. To talk to them text SHOUT to 85258 and a crisis volunteer will get in touch with you.  If you feel you are in immediate danger then please call 999 or go to your local A&E department. 

I'm online most of today though so if you want to keep me company and have a chat here, let me know :)   

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    meymay93 said:
    Hi I am all ways stand all night pulling my finger till blad came i fell some time if blood  came out from body all will ok just some time cut my self till blod came out because I have lot health problem i dont eat no sleep  no wash my gp put me mind but not open yet 
    Hi @meymay93, just to let that I have merged this into the same thread so that we are able to give you the best information possible.

Self-harm can be a coping mechanism when we are hurting and the world is too painful. MIND have said:
    During intense urges to hurt yourself, it can be hard to imagine that it's possible to do anything else.
    This might help you. They also have a page on how you can help yourself when you experience urges to self-harm. If you have a read through this it might give you some alternatives. As @Cher_Scope said, we're around for most of the day if you need to chat. :)

If you would prefer something face to face, Self Injury Support webchat (for women and girls) is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 7pm to 9.30pm.

You could also download the free distrACT app. This gives you easy, quick and discreet access to information and advice about self-harm and suicidal thoughts.
    Scope

• chiarieds
    Hi @meymay93 - How are you today? I hope you are a little better. :)

• meymay93
    Hi 
    Last night I cut my self till all normal if I am not die till I will ok thank you so much scope help me lot I think all settle I not ok 
  • chiarieds
    @meymay - Have you looked at the advice Chloe & Cher have both given? This may help you.
    I was sorry to read you had hurt yourself.
    Soon you can talk to Scope's helpful people...not too long now.
    I hope you get some sleep tonight. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Good morning @meymay93. Sorry to hear you had a tough night. 

Do you have a friend coming round today? It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day.

If you're struggling please have a look at the advice above.

Hope you have a lovely day. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi how are you today hope you had a better night 

Its concerning to read how you are struggling and I hope your social worker I'd in touch today 
  • meymay93
    Hi no body contact me yet I am very upsetting since Thursday I tried call.contact no respond bad i am upsetting 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.