Ginger Beer — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Ginger Beer

Options
Sorry_Susan
Sorry_Susan Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
Just glugged an ice cold ginger beer. Nothing like the burny feeling in your throat after. Might have two on this hot day.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed it cant say I am a fan of ginger beer, but anything refreshing is good on a day like this
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh @Sorry_Susan I haven't had a ginger beer in years and now you have really put me in the mood for one!! Are you enjoying the nice weather?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 390 Pioneering
    Options
    Ginger beer is equally good either on its own, or with Dark Rum. if you add Agnostora Bitters, you get a Dark & Stormy :smile: 
  • csno01
    Options

I have just opened a can of 7UP, which has been in my fridge prior to the LockDown period. Yum!
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    And I’ve just popped my hot water bottle into the freezer so I can stay frosty tonight!
    ❄️❄️❄️?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• csno01
    Options
    leeCal said:
    And I’ve just popped my hot water bottle into the freezer so I can stay frosty tonight!
    ❄️❄️❄️?

Not a bad idea that.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Another way to bring down your temperature is to bathe your feet in cold water, or indeed have a cold bath. Bathing feet means you can still watch tv or interact online of course. I’m doing it right now! 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sorry_Susan
    Sorry_Susan Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Options
    #Sher_Scope 
    Not loving the heat. I prefer winter, but ginger beer and hot days go together well.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    An ice cold lemonade would be good right now!  :D  
    Scope

• csno01
    Options
    #Sher_Scope 
    Not loving the heat. I prefer winter, but ginger beer and hot days go together well.
    @Sorry_Susan

If I was to pick one season it would have to be either Spring or Autumn.
  • MrCat
    MrCat Posts: 26 Listener
    Options
    I prefer mine room temperature. But that is just due to being half German. Oh God is Ginger Beer good. I also like the Ginger they give you with Sushi at Japanese Restaurants. 

Brightness