Things that made me happy today - August — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Things that made me happy today - August

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
Hi everyone!

I thought this would be a nice space to share things that have made us happy during August.  It can be one thing or a few if you like.  

I'll start!! I am happy today because I have a gingerbread man to eat with my lunch :D You never get too old for gingerbread men, right?!  Let me know what's making you :) today too!
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you enjoy that gingerbread man :D 
    I'm happy this week because I got the keys to my first home with my partner, it's very exciting times :) 

Plus I have caramel lattes to drink, which always brightens my day.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Oooh fab @Ross_Scope Enjoy the moving in!! I'm sure that will keep you busy this weekend :D 

I love latte's!! Gingerbread latte's at Christmas are my absolute favourite.

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all 

I had a really amazing start to August as it was my birthday and my partner took me and my son away for the weekend to my happy place, a lovely marina setting.

We stayed over 2 nights had lots of nice food and drink went shopping and then family came to meet us for Sunday lunch

This is the first time ever anyone has actually taken me away for my birthday 
  • Cher_Alumni
    @janer1967 that sounds so relaxing!  Just what you deserved for your birthday too.  There's something so peaceful about being next to water I find.  Also, with food, drink and shopping you can't go wrong :D

• Wini1960
    Wini1960 Community member Posts: 130 Pioneering
    Wini1960 I enjoyed a cottage pie with my husband. Really happy to know I'm still here on this earth, love being a mum and looking to the future.
  • Cher_Alumni
    edited August 2020
    @Wini1960 Cottage pie is so comforting! I can't make it as good as my mum does though :) 

Definitely lots to be happy and grateful about being here, having families and looking to the future.  Hope you have a lovely night. 

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Our baby girl's cot arrived today! Can't wait for our next scan at the end of this month! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    I spent the afternoon with my grandson. He's just so adorable and definitely makes me smile. 4 months old and has just realised he can make a lot of noise with something called " a voice" lol. He definitely makes me feel so happy!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Bless @poppy123456 glad your grandson arrived safe babies make me smile too 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Aww @poppy123456 I adore that age!! Make the most of every moment <3 

Today something that made me happy was receiving good news from the vets that my cats blood test results were all clear, woop woop!! 

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Today it made me happy to put my feet in a bowl of cold water and just chill ❄️

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    @leeCal That sounds so refreshing! Is it really warm where you are?

• leeCal
    edited August 2020
    Yes, @Cher_Scope it was around thirty three C a while ago, dropping slowly now though, thankfully ? 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,410 Disability Gamechanger
      Ha ha @leeCal that sounds like a good idea :smiley:
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    Aww @poppy123456 I adore that age!! Make the most of every moment <3 

Today something that made me happy was receiving good news from the vets that my cats blood test results were all clear, woop woop!! 

Thank you, i will <3.

Awww yay! that's definitely something to celebrate. I have a white fur baby, very special little boy he is. Just got to love those pets!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Oh definitely.  You might soon realise I'm somewhat of a cat person :D so it was a big relief to hear the news today! 

• leeCal
    @Cher_Scope have you compared your cats front and rear paws? ? 

(not such a weird question by he way)

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    @leeCal Nooo I haven't! Should I? and what am I looking for :D

• leeCal
    @Cher_Scope numbers of toes.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    @leeCal You just inspired me to google "how many toes does a cat have" and now I'm sat in disbelief that they have 18 altogether - 4 on each front paw and 5 on each back paw :o

Brightness