PIP Assessor lied in assessment - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessor lied in assessment

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    edited January 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • shell73
    shell73 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
    Just an answer to the reply to my  question my daughter only realised when her report came with name on it then realised who she was as on the day she was anxious and other problems but didn't realise who she was until her name on report she is going to put a Mr letter in and see how it goes .
  • samantha21
    samantha21 Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    hi All,
    Just a reply to Apollo post of 28th Jan. I did see it yesterday and was leaving a post but I pressed the wrong key on keyboard and cleared the message so I was tired and left it until today.

I did look at the sites you put up, and that is a disgrace. Those poor claimants whose lives had been made a misery for months is so unfair.

I have contacted the NMC on-line and they said I would have a reply in three working days although I said I would send all documents by post delivery as I  am not brilliant at I.T.

Right now I have a bigger headache to deal with only today received a letter from
    Motability that P.I.P. have informed them from 30th  Jan they are not paying me enhanced rate, Motability are okay although they were surprised I have not received my P.I.P award letter as yet and knew nothing of any decisions.

I have not been onto DWP today as I had a fall on Sunday badly hurt my knee and leg so when I went to GP he sent me to get an x-ray and I have been at hospital all afternoon. I have come back from there with crutches and painkillers.

I do like the way the health assessor said I could probably walk 200 metres
     which was only based on assumption, since Sunday I have basically walked about 5 metres whenever I have hobbled around.

Maybe I feel a bit defeated because of the pain of the fall and feeling a bit tired what usually happens as still waiting for the awards letter.

All advice greatly appreciated from experienced and knowledgeable people on site.

I have never done the P.I.P.  before as they  are transferring me from DLA  I know it is about how the disability affects your day to day life so I am learning, although I thought they at least would have notified me from DWP
  • Serendipity77
    Serendipity77 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    HELP!!!

Im so run down, drained and fed up! My father’s PIP decision letter arrived 10 days ago but is dated 24/1/2019.

They have removed his care but extended review period of enhanced mobility to 3 years....decision maker’s response was full of ****!

My father uses, walking stick, Aid to apply stockings, lives in adapted house, mother manages his medication and cold all meals. He needs help washing and bathing. PIP claimed he can wash his hair...my father is bald.

So many lies! I just don’t have the energy to deal with this! Got WCA to deal with too. This benefits system is pure torture!

I have to apply for mandatory reconsideration....please advise me on how to do it???

This whole process is taking a toll not only on my father but me and my young family. 

CAB is a waste of time. There are hardly any welfare rights officers left who have capacity to take on cases! Fed up!!!
  • samantha21
    samantha21 Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    Hi  to you Serendipity 77,  I have  seen your post so will try to offer a little bit help  of what you have to do next. Also sorry to hear how run down you feel I know what it is like to take care of your parents when they become ill. I had both mum and dad to care for about 10 years ago but at least I did not have all this PIP to deal with as they had attendance allowance, so the mental torture was slightly less.

Firstly the Mandatory Reconsideration process  : You have to contact the PIP line and register to them by telephone that you want a reconsideration, they will ask why. Once you have done that get your award letter and look at all the descriptors you disagree with and put your explanation as to what you disagree with and why and then get it posted to them. You have 28 days from the date of your award letter to do this and they like you to do that in correct time. At least you got the mobility descriptors so that is good news.

I do not know anything much about WCA is that the work capabilities assessment? I think others on the forum will know more about that.

Tell them the day and date you received the award letter and ask for the 28 days to reply to them
    That is the only advice I can give as I had to do the same thing for Mandatory Reconsideration it is a headache doing all of it but best of luck.
  • Serendipity77
    Serendipity77 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Got the mandatory reconsideration notice! They won’t change decision! I have to go to tribunal! I feel like giving up
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • happyman
    happyman Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    i have gone through a shocking experience which i have posted here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/271751#Comment_271751   i went for an assessment and the female assessor lied about everything including that no one took me to the assessment. i do not know what to do. i requested the report but not had the official no yet. but the report was shocking with so many lies.

• happyman
    happyman Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    can anyone let me know if they have been successful in challenging a decision, and if anyone has reported an assessor. What I mean is. I have asked for the reconsider request, but i read that 92% go with the assessor.

I went for my assessment the other week and when i got the report back i was shocked. It was like reading someone elses report. The report was full of lies and she also contradicted herself a number of times.

In the report she wrote things like he walked at speed, i wished i could walk at speed. She also put things like he had no trouble spelling the word backwards. I had loads of problems and could not do it. She also put down that i did lots of different tests which i did not. The report was full of lies and as a result i got a letter saying i got no points.

My doctors were shocked and told me not to give up and appeal.

So, my question is, has anyone reported their assessor for telling lies on the report, and if so did you win. Also, is it not a criminal offence for an assessor to lie on an official report. I would also like to know if anyone has won on a reconsider request.
  • marydoherty
    marydoherty Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    ive had the same issue,  i had my assesment, got awarded standard livng and no mobility.  i recorded the interview without telling them and i have just had the report come through and they have lied their behinds off and i can prove it but i didnt have their permission to record however i did not start recording until after the assesor gave their details.  Is there anything i can do with this recording other than turning it over to the news papers?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.