Pip assessment report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment report

Options
river123
river123 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have had my Pip assessment over the phone and just received my assessment report, and I have added the points up witch is a total of two! I am fuming with this as the report is a load of ****  
I don’t understand how I have scored 2 but yet in the boxes underneath and in the other part of the report it states in there my difficulty’s first daily living! 
Can the decision maker go against the assessors report and go with the information they have put on rather than there descriptors? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

They can go against it and it has been known but it's rare. They mostly go with the report. Once the decision's made, if you disagree then you'll have 1 month to request the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • river123
    Options
    ok thank you 
  • Awesomelorenzo
    Awesomelorenzo Community member Posts: 114 Connected
    Options
    You'll have to appeal then.
  • river123
    Options
    I feel like giving up and not even appealing as I have scored 2 so I see it as if I was to appeal it would be pointless.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You can't do anything at all until the decision's been made. Once it has you'll have 1 month from that date to request the MR, which should be put in writing. You can't appeal the decision without first requesting the MR.

Don't be put off by the points that have been recommended. Yes, people are refused, it happens all the time BUT they request the MR then Tribunal. If you are refused it's not the end or at least it doesn't have to be.

When you filled out the form did you state exactly how your conditions affect you and then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you? Anecdotal evidence is really what's needed. Medical evidence isn't going to help unless it states exactly how your conditions affect you and usually it doesn't. It will just give the basics like diagnosis, medication etc etc.

Before Covid19 MR success rate was less than 20%, now it's more than 50% success rate and that's a huge jump, although i don't know why this is the case.

If you think you're entitled don't give up. Get some advice from an advice agency near you and if the MR decision remains the same and you take it to Tribunal representation is even better.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • river123
    Options
    Ye I gave a lot of examples in my form and I also had my ibd nurse write dwp a letter on how it affects my daily living and in there was examples too, although when my assessor rang me, I asked her if she had that letter of my ibd nurse and she hadn’t got the letter there so when I rang up for a copy of my report I asked the dwp if they had the letter witch they said yes so I asked if they could put a note on my details saying the assessor hasn’t seen my letter from my ibd nurse. I’m not sure weather that would help but I would like to think so. I will just have to wait for the decision letter to reach me now to apply for MR and maybe take it from there, although I would really like the decision maker to read all my information properly and they would hopefully realise that the assessor has contridicted herself as in the report it states in so many words that I need assistance with things etc but then on the discriptors states that I’m perfectly normal to do things myself. All I can do is wait it out.. thanks for your help poppy, I will keep you updated.
  • river123
    Options
    Is that example from appealing do you mean mike? Would you recommend appealing? I know that appealing is there for a reason but I just don’t have much faith in it as I just see it as I only scored 2 and I can’t see me scoring anymore if I scored so low but if like you said people can score so low then to so high it might be worth me appealing after all. Thank you mike
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Whether you'll score more points will totally depend on how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. You can have a disability but if you don't meet the descriptors, you won't score the points for an award and it doesn't matter how many times you apply and appeal, you won't be successful.

You can't make the descriptors fit you and i'm not saying you're not entitled so please don't think that. I don't know anything about how your conditions affect you so it's impossible to give any advice regarding that. Also an internet forum really isn't the place for that anyway.
  • river123
    Options
    Ok great thank you I will just wait for the decision letter and take it from there, your advises have been helpful. Thank you both very much.
  • easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello river. You can write a letter addressed to 'the decission maker' politely pointing out things the HP seemed to forget. State where these things can be found on the form you sent back to them. Also say this is not fully inclusive and is not a request for a MR. You will need to do this asap so they can take account of your points.
  • river123
    Options
    Hi easy, great advise thank you I will do that today. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @river123! Keep us updated with the outcome, I hope you manage to get things sorted. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.