What object(s) wouldn’t you want to give up? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What object(s) wouldn’t you want to give up?

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
For me it would be my car.

Contrary to the majority of especially people my age I could easily live without a smart phone.

What about you:)

What would you not want to live without?

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    My favourite chair, I had to be prized out of my last one when even the mice said it needed renewing.
    my power tools ? 
    my garden rocking chair.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    @66Mustang

My car otherwise I would struggle to get around and I don’t want to use public transport because of Covid.

A gadget to put my socks on and I don’t know what you call it.

My long shoe horn.

My books. 

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    This is a lovely thread and has got me thinking.  

For me, my laptop is a life-line! It has opened up the world to me during times my impairment has flared and has helped me keep in touch with friends.  It reduced lots of feelings of loneliness and isolation.  

I agree my car is a godsend too @66Mustang @RAwarrior and your garden rocking chair sounds bliss @leeCal :)

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,411 Disability Gamechanger
          Photographs of my children when they were young, of my mum, dad and my brothers (no longer with me)

My home for the blood sweat and tears that went into it when i bought it derelict

I don't really care about material things but the most important thing to me are good friends
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Probably would be my smartphone.  Otherwise I'd have to go back to reading shampoo bottles on the loo!  :D

Seriously though, I could live without either a laptop or a smartphone, but not both.  On the rare occasion that the Wifi drops out, I realise just how much I use the internet! 

Mad to think I was around for a while before the internet became commonplace too...when we had to use paper maps and place CDs into slots and drive 10 miles to check my balance at the 'local' ATM...  Not to mention having to go into shops to buy things!!  How did we manage before ebay & Amazon?  :o  ;)
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,808 Disability Gamechanger
    firstly pictures of my kids growing up, we have a wall full of pics of them at various times in there lives, love it, I'd be lost without my star wars room, it helps so much with my anxiety, i have a phone but hardly ever use it, the pc is a lifeline, keeps me busy with the outside world, being on here and other places,
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    I can think nof quite a few things, a few of those include, my children and grandson, the internet (smart phone and computer) and my car.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It would have yo be my son followed by my phone and my freedom
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    As Ricky Gervais said,
    One of the twins... 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    It sounds very 21st century, but my iPad Pro. It allows me to write my blog, read books (as I need audio or e-books with enlarged print), connect with others and is great for when you're stuck in bed and want to watch something. 
    Scope

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Cress said:
    As Ricky Gervais said,
    One of the twins... 
    I quite like Ricky Gervais... he is so arrogant though but he is very funny and sarcastic :D

Brightness