Hi, I'm Whatnext! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Whatnext!

Options
Whatnext
Whatnext Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited August 2020 in Start here and say hello!
Hi, I'm new here. I'm Whatnext.  I like to research and write. ?

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Whatnext and welcome to Scope's online community.  It's great to meet you.

I've changed the title of this post as it isn't to do with PIP but you introducing yourself to the community :)  I have similar interests to you!  What do you like to research and write about?  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Whatnext - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. Yes, you've got me wondering what sort of research you do, & what you write as well. Do say more. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Whatnext Welcome to the community glad you have joined us here

Have a look around and feel free to join in any discussions and maybe think of joining our research panel when opportunities arise

I look forward to seeing you around
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Whatnext! How are you today? :)
    Scope

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Whatnext

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to have you today.

@steve51
  • Whatnext
    Options

:)   Hi, and thank you all for the very warm welcome.

I research and write about the soldiers of WWI. I have had my work published in books and in magazines, and I also host my own WWI website. I'm also happy to carry out family history research, free of charge.

I'm just finding my way around your lovely forum..... I keep getting lost .  

• steve51
    Options
    Hi @Whatnext

Yes if you do get stuck please give me a shout??

@steve51
  • Whatnext
    edited August 2020
    Options
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Whatnext - Thank you for replying. That's really interesting. We used to have a secondhand bookshop, & military history was very popular. Some books like the 2 volumes of Rudyard Kipling's 'The Irish Guards in the Great War' used to fly off the shelves + other regimental histories, when we could get them....it all depended what people brought into the shop, or we bought privately.
    Both my son & I collect books, tho as far as non-fiction goes, he likes maritime books (one of which I'm borrowing), & those about the Peninsular War. I like the French Revolution & the Spanish Civil War, tho we both collect fiction. My son collects Kipling, which is why I remember his 'Irish Guards' books.  :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Whatnext! Welcome to the community. I just wanted to check in to see how you were finding navigating the community? Let us know if you need any help :) My top tip is to click the 'helpful groups' link on the homepage, which will allow you to see all of the different categories of discussion. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • steve51
    Options

Brightness