Does anyone have any advice for a UC telephone tribunal hearing? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone have any advice for a UC telephone tribunal hearing?

CMM
CMM Community member Posts: 27 Connected
edited August 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
 Capita Five Ways.I have challenged the decision (i have been through Mandatory etc)of the assessment made by those pirate nurses.I am due a telephone tribunal hearing when they let me know the date etc..any help?/advice?.....

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @CMM! Welcome to the community, I'm glad you've joined us. 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into the PIP, DLA, and AA category so that more people can find your post and give you some advice :) 

How are you feeling about the telephone hearing? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • CMM
    Thank you for the welcome.As regards the phone hearing i am very sceptical,even if it was a f2f hearing.I noticed on the assessment report sent from Five Ways that it is unsigned and she is only a SRN and no other qualification.I have a back problem,MRI scanned etc,i feel ripped off by Capita.
  • CMM
    Not a PIP hearing but a Capability for Work on Universal Credit hearing.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Apologies, my mistake @CMM! I have now moved your post to the correct category. 

I'm sorry to hear you're concerned about it. I know a lot of others are worried about these hearings happening over the phone instead of F2F as well, so you're definitely not alone.

I hope that our members will be able to give you some advice and support, as this isn't something I have direct experience with. 

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • CMM
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

You will be asked questions about your conditions and how they affect your ability to do any type of work. What they ask you speciifically will depend on your case and no one can help you with that.

Just be honest and answer the questions as best as you can. If you don't hear what they said then ask them to repeat it.

Sometimes it's not possible to make a decision during the hearing, if this happens they will send you a decision letter at a later date.

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CMM
    Thank you poppy123456.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome, I went to WCA tribunal a couple of years ago.

Have a good read through the bundle and see where you think you meet the criteria and provide a couple of examples for each on why you cant do that task or work. Highlight the parts you disagree with and as they go through the questions tick off the parts covefed

If you have missed anything you want to get across then they will ask if there is anything you want to add at the end

I won my case and was awarded LCWRA and they made the decision there and then and I got my extra payment in my next UC payment and the back pay about 6 weeks later
  • CMM

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.