Road closures for SD — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Road closures for SD

Options
colet
colet CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 101 Pioneering
edited August 2020 in Coffee lounge
it is lovely to have these road closures for people to SD. ?????

last week I went to town for the first time since March and I found it quite annoying that I still have to use the pavements and crossings because of my powered wheelchair, I actually emailed the town council and just waiting for a reply back.

who else has found this ?     I would like to know 
Tagged:

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @colet  

I've moved your post over to the coffee lounge as more people might spot it there :) 

You highlight a really important issue about how social distancing has impacted wheelchair users.  It would be good to know if other people on the community have experience similar.  

I found this article on the Disability News Service website that talks about it https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/coronavirus-disabled-people-face-discrimination-from-covid-traffic-schemes/ so you definitely aren't alone :( I'm sorry, I can imagine how frustrating it is.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Interesting not something I have come accross but as a wheelchair user going round all the barriers and stuff in place outside shops is a bit of a pain, but I understand the need for them.

Im just enjoying going out to be honest
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,597 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about cars having to social distance :D

I haven’t noticed any closed roads for this reason either to be honest. I have seen some lanes being closed in larger towns and turned into cycle lanes.

Brightness