Appointment next week — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appointment next week

Options
Welliboots93
Welliboots93 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
Hi ?

Today I had a message that my appointment is next Friday. 

I'm nervous as what to expect because I see alot of people on here not being awarded pip so I'm wondering if there is any advice please? (it makes me so sad reading some of the discussions because I know it's not easy getting people to understand your needs!) 

Do I talk to them as if its my worse days like they tell you do when writing the pip form? 

I know I struggle with everyday tasks with my mobility and anxiety, it's just trying to make sure the pip assessor understands, but I don't want to be tripped up by them either because I bet they have their tricks to knock people down points etc.

Any help will be appriciated so I can hopefully write a pip success story!

Thank you ❤️

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You will mostly only ever read the bad stories when coming onto an internet forum. The majority of people claim PIP successfully without any problems at all, we just rarely hear about the good stories.

Basing your answers on your worst day is the worst thing you can ever do, including filling out any forms based on your worst day. PIP isn't about this, it's about all of your days, which means good and bad and this is what you need to tell them.

Tell them the truth, if you can't do something then tell them, if you use an aid, need assisstance/support then tell them why you need this. Why can't you do that activity. The majority of the information should have been written in the form.

If you kept a copy of the form then have a read of this before the assessment. Part of it will be to confirm what you wrote in the form, as well as any other information they ask for.

The assessment can last from anywhere between 20 and 90 minutes, sometimes longer.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Can only really echo what poppy has said, which is all great advice, make sure you are comfortable, won't be interupted and have someone with you if possible, make sure you have a note of any big points you want to get across, then breath and relax.
    It's becoming obvious that telephone assessments can favour the claimant and hopefully you will find it less stressful than a face2face one.
    Good luck from me as well and let us know how you get on, it might help someone else.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Welliboots93 Welcome to the community, follow the advice given and as Poppy said internet forums are mainly full of the bad stories.

I have claimed PIP twice now with no problems and we are reading more and more good news stories with the phone assessments

Just be honest and tell it as it is then they cant trip you up, they do ask the same questions in many different ways but this is to get a clear understanding on how you condition affects you

As said before the more you have put on your form the less they will need to ask

Good luck and keep us updated
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Welliboots93, welcome to the community and we wish you the best of luck. If you need someone to talk to afterwards then we'll be around. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.