Hi, my name is riley2012 and I have a PIP question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is riley2012 and I have a PIP question

riley2012
riley2012 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help I had pip tribunal and was awarded enhanced mobility standard daily living allowance .my pip went in today they haven’t put money in just what I was getting .do I have to wait for letter from dwp  

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @riley2012 and welcome to Scope's online community!! 

I've moved your question over to the PIP discussion board so you are in the right place to get advice from those in the PIP know :) 

How are you today?  Are you enjoying this warm weather?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    It sounds like you previously had a PIP award, and the tribunal have recently raised that award?  If so, yes you'll need to wait a few weeks after the tribunal for the new award payments to start.  You will receive a letter stating the new figures, as well as any backpay, and the dates that those will be paid in.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @riley2012 Welcome to the community, as advised above it does take a while for new payments to come into affect usually 6-8 weeks.

The DWP have a right to request a statement of reasons and appeal the decision just like you would have this right. They dont normally do this though but this can be a reason why money isnt received until this wait time is complete (1 month)

If you havent had the payment by your next PIP payment then give them a call to query
  • riley2012
    Hi @riley2012 and welcome to Scope's online community!! 

I've moved your question over to the PIP discussion board so you are in the right place to get advice from those in the PIP know :) 

How are you today?  Are you enjoying this warm weather?

• riley2012
    Thank you I’ve been housebound so long I won my pip tribunal and got my mobility enhanced I just want to get a scooter go outside feel air on my face I appreciate your input thanks Jane x
  • male45
    male45 Community member Posts: 336 Pioneering
    edited August 2020
    @riley2012 welcome to the community. As @janer1967 said it can take a few weeks to receive what is owing to you. Sometimes the money goes in before you get a letter.
    If you haven't heard by time your next payment is in then give them a ring . Maybe you'll update when you hear more news ?
    Best wishes
    Best Wishes 
  • riley2012
    Thanks @mole45 I thought that great to be able to talk my name is Louise and great to be in the community great advice I was thinking that @janer1967 It’s great to have somewhere people understand you 
  • male45
    male45 Community member Posts: 336 Pioneering
    edited August 2020
    @riley2012 or Louise whichever you prefer
    Yes its great to have somewhere to share and have advice. Even better when you win what you went after and share that with the community so others get confidence and understanding  to go forward  with their predicaments..
    Keep in toich if only for a chat. 
    Best wishea
    Best Wishes 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.