Photography. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Photography.

CMM
CMM Community member Posts: 27 Connected
Anyone interested in photography but don't know how to operate the camera etc.Let me know.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for offering to help people
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Do you have any tips for beginners @CMM?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • CMM
    Yes!.....give me all your money and i promise not to give you anything in return other than false hope of being a professional.Just describing some photography courses.Avoid most of them as the internet can serve you better.Better still give me all your money instead just for the fun of it.

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    :D How long have you been into photography?  My skills are limited to a blurry shot captured on my mobile phone.  

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • CMM
    Quite a few years.If you really want to take better pictures then Youtube has a lot of beginner vids including using a mobile phone.It's more than just pixel count,that is just a sales point!...carry on though for now with the phone camera as it won't cost you anything extra until you decide you want to learn more then move onto a digital camera.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    I'll check out some YouTube beginners videos and see if I can improve my technique, thanks @CMM
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks @CMM, I've always loved photography. I've actually enjoyed it more as I've lost my sight due to being able to  zoom into pictures and see all the detail that I now miss. :) 
    Scope

• CMM
    I still get blurry shots as well from time to time,it's the low shutter speed that does it when hand held even with a built in stabilizer or just plain my fault.With a phone camera and some compact cameras it is the holding it at arms length that causes blur as well.Tuck your elbows(both)into your stomach as a kind of rest and use the self timer more so you can get steady while the countdown begins,2-5 seconds is best, if you use the 10 second one then it is too long for most captures.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Using the self-timer is a really great tip @CMM! Thank you for sharing :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness