When your physical disability impacts your mental health - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When your physical disability impacts your mental health

2»

Comments

• davegregson40
    davegregson40 Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Mental health is very closely linked with physical health and people with mental health are more at risk of not getting physical health symptoms investigated. The annual health checks for vulnerable adults are,I heard being extended to include those with mental health problems
  • PattiDarling
    PattiDarling Scope Member Posts: 11 Connected
    what annual health checks? I've never been offered such a thing, but then my G.P. practice has also never invited me to have a flu jab
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @PattiDarling

I just wanted to say that I hope your situation improves very soon, I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through but I can promise you that you're valued on this community. This can be a safe space, everyone here is so kind and supportive.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • PattiDarling
    Thank you so much for that. Today started in the Doldrums again but a surprise phone call from a lawyer and a surprise visit from my son had already done a great deal to turn the tide. This message feels like a group effort to lift a giant cherry onto the cake. Thank you all
  • Ross_Alumni
    Thank you so much for that. Today started in the Doldrums again but a surprise phone call from a lawyer and a surprise visit from my son had already done a great deal to turn the tide. This message feels like a group effort to lift a giant cherry onto the cake. Thank you all
    I'm so glad your day has taken a turn for the brighter, we are all behind you on this community :) I'd recommend visiting our Coffee Lounge, it's a great place to chill out and have a bit more light hearted conversation :) 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • PattiDarling
    thank you I've tried a couple of times but haven't figured it out visually  
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @PattiDarling, just want to check in and see how you are doing. 

There is a coffee lounge tab at the top of the page. Or it can be found in a blue box that is on the right hand side (if you are on a laptop) or near the bottom (if you are on your phone). 

Alternatively, you can click here to take you to the coffee lounge. 

Hope this helps. :)
    Scope

• Wini1960
    Wini1960 Community member Posts: 130 Pioneering
    Hi @PattiDarling sometimes its the littlest things that matter most of all. Have a great week???
  • Ross_Alumni
    Hi @PattiDarling 

How are you doing? 

I hope you've been able to find the coffee lounge after the explanation above by Chloe. 

I struggle with navigating things visually myself, it can take some getting used to but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon :) 

• Rebs
    Rebs Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    I can relate to having chronic illness and pain and not knowing why, I am a Person Centred Therapist  and many of my clients  present the same issues, and i have never doubted them and of course it will cause mental health issues feeling you are not believed. I also understand the every day challenges this would bring.

Brightness