Hello, i was wondering whether anyone could help? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello, i was wondering whether anyone could help?

laurenwe
laurenwe Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Does anyone know whether there is any equipment that can help remove a duvet if you aren't able to kick or push it off yourself?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,914 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I have the same problem and i couldn't find anything that would help me. I'm a very independent person and hate asking anyone to help or do things for me. Unfortunately, i had no other option but to ask for help.

Do you have someone that you can ask to do this for you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    This probably sounds daft but if you attach a ribbon or similar to the bottom of the duvet by stitching and then depending on the bedstead at the bottom you could pull towards you and the duvet would be pulled in the opposite direction. That would work if you had a bar across the end bedstead, but there are a couple of other ways to do it if you have a plain bedstead. Just a thought. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    That's  clever leecal!
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    Another way would be to loop the ribbon over a high backed chair six feet from the end of the bed and use a 12 foot long ribbon. That way you’d pull all the duvet right down, as long as the duvet isn’t too heavy. May need a weight on the chair for stability.
    something along these lines should work.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @laurenwe and welcome to the community! Would a blanket cradle help at all?

It keeps the duvet from touching your legs which might make it easier to lift.
    Scope

• newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    Another thing might be ensuring you have the most lightweight  duvet possible. 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    How about using one of those aids that help you pick things off the floor?

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    These are all good suggestions.  Have they helped or have you thought of another solution @laurenwe ?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness