Phone call — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phone call

Options
Olliedogzzzz
Olliedogzzzz Community member Posts: 32 Connected
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all when i called the pip help line to find out how long you have to wait for a reply (I know that now because of you) I was nervous and made two mistakes, I'm applying for my son I got his birthdate and his year wrong so the call was terminated after being on the phone for ages, I know it was my own fault , do I have to apply for a form again. Thank you

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Olliedogzzzz - How frustrating! Do you think you could get your son to call when they open 8am tomorrow? If not, when either he or you can (but if it's you, have his birthday on a bit of paper to hand just in case!). If it's a first claim, you also need his National Insurance number, bank & GP details.
    You can apply by post, but if awarded, his claim starts from when you first contact them, & posting will take that bit longer. The address is:
    Personal Independence Payment New Claims
    Post Handling Site B
    Wolverhampton
    WV99 1AH
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Olliedogzzzz! I just wanted to check in to see how you were getting on? Do you think you or your son could try giving them another call, as the others have suggested? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • tommymcfc22
    tommymcfc22 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Options
    Hi all I had a tribunal for pip over the phone yesterday and they said I'll receive a decision in the post in a week I have cerebral palsy I was so nervous on the phone just have to wait now it's taken 15 months already 
  • tommymcfc22
    Options
    Plus the first time I received zero points which I thought was a joke 
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Hi @tommymcfc22! Just to let you know, I'm going to create a separate post for you containing your concern so that our members will be able to find it more easily and give you some support :)

• tommymcfc22
    Options
    Thank you in new here sorry if I did it wrong 
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    It's ok @tommymcfc22! I was debating whether or not to make it a separate post, but I just thought it might help you get more support. You're always welcome to comment on other people's posts and share your own experiences :)

And welcome to the community! It looks like you haven't made a post introducing yourself yet. You can do that on the Welcomes page if you'd like, as it'll allow our members to give you a big warm welcome. 

As you have Cerebral Palsy, I'd also like to direct you towards the Cerebral Palsy category on the community. Feel free to have a browse and let me know if you'd like any help finding your way around.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.