Lcwra dates — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra dates

Options
lozzy83
lozzy83 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone hoping someone could help me understand the lcwra waiting period with my assessment dates. I applied for uc on 25th feb this year, got a sick note from Doctor dated 26th. Handed in at face to face meeting on 2nd March. Assessment period is 25th feb to 24th March. Had my work Capability Assessment on 10 th August. Received a note in journal today saying I have lcwra. Was expecting 3 months not 3 days. I know there’s a 3 month wait till said award is awarded. I think I’ve worked it out to 1 month back pay with the next been paid on 31st August. Was hoping somebody could advise on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,283 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

I'm not sure what you mean by " 3 days"
    My calculations are as follows, if you reported the health condition when you made your claim.
    25th Feb - 24th March = 1 month
    25th Mrach - 24th April = 2 months
    25th April - 24th May = 3 months

LCWRA starts from 25th May. So you are owed for AP may - June £341.92/ June - July £341.92 and July - August. So 2 months backdated. Then it will be paid from this month going forward.

Usually it takes about a week to receive backdated money. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Options
    The 3 days is in relation to hearing back from the Work Capability Assessment.  That's good news @lozzy83

I hope @poppy123456's post helped you out and as an aside, welcome to Scope's online community :)  How are you today?  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • lozzy83
    lozzy83 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I’m better now it’s over and done with and not having long to wait thanks. That’s  helped out loads thank you. I know I told them when I first applied, as I was booking my f2f the guy told me to bring my sick note with me. Wasn’t sure with the sick note been dated the day after I made the claim.
    3days from my work Capability Assessment to a decision. Quickest turnaround ever! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,283 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That was quick yes but not the quickest i've heard, which was the same day as the assessment. Great news for you though :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Woah the same day :o That's speedy as heck!

I'm glad you are feeling better now its over @lozzy83 If you want to talk to more people, feel free to have a look at our coffee lounge https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge Its a good spot to have a read and speak with other members about anything and everything :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lozzy83 Welcome to the community and congratulations on the award and also how quick it was to get a decision.

Glad Poppy has managed to help you and hopefully you will get yourt back pay in due course

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.