MR for PIP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR for PIP

2»

Comments

• Debbie1234
    Debbie1234 Community member Posts: 183 Courageous
    I don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but I kept a diary after my refusal, writing in detail how my illness affected my daily life in all aspects. I only did it for a week and sent that in as evidence too. I have copied a template for you, incase you would like to use it. One is blank and one is a sample template ?
  • Debbie1234
    Oh I see.... shall I delete do you think? 
    Can I ask you a question please? I had my award letter saying that my award would start again from 4th June. That was a week today, but still no back pay ? and it doesn't mention any back pay on my pip award letter either. Would you recommend I phone them? Even though I have logged an appeal to see where the money is? 
  • Debbie1234
    Ok thank you for your input and advice though mikehughes as you seem very knowledgeable in these situations ?

I'm a little worried now....
    I had pip stopped 3rd of June scoring basically 2 points for my renewal.... I then sent in a MR and 3rd of August had a letter saying I have been awarded 11 points daily and 4 points mobility. To start again from the 4th June. The day after they stopped it. I have since lodged an appeal but will I still get my backpay? I only lodged it yesterday 
  • Debbie1234
    Yahoooo! That has made my night ?? thank you so much.... it's been a long, tiresome, frustrating road and still on going. I'm surprised I haven't popped a blood vessel or 2 ?
    have or are you on pip? Or do you work for this wonderful site?
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Hi,

Many of us get 0 points initially and then go on to get the correct award at tribunal or even just at MR if you're lucky!  Success rates for MR appear to be much higher than normal so that's definitely your next step.

I disagree with that. Lots of people claim PIP successfully first time without any problems at all, it's just we rarely hear the gfood stories only the bad ones.
    I'm not suggesting the majority get 0 points, but many individuals do!  Seems to average at least one a day on here and I've a few online acquaintances with similar conditions that also started with 0 points. 

It's totally disheartening when you receive the 0 points letter as you immediately assume there's no way of reaching 8 points, let alone 12.  Yet many of us go on to do exactly that, and I think it's helpful to let first claimants know that so that they don't just give up immediately, or worse, re-apply with the same info.  :)

@river123 Just for reference, I initially scored 0 points across the board, then 0 again at MR...and finally 14 (daily care) at tribunal.  You can forget your initial score to be honest, just focus on where you should get the points instead of what you didn't get.  :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    I've said it before and i'll say it again. It's perfectly natuaral for anyone to mostly read the bad stories on any internet forum.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Debbie1234
    Hello again ?
    thank you all for your advice and mikehughes, you were spot on....
    I have been told I will get my backdate in the bank in the morning ?
    that is the first stage down. I am just waiting to hear about my appeal now, I feel a little braver now thanks to this forum. It feels nice to know that at this stage they can't take away from me what they have awarded me. Am I right in saying that if the tribunal doesn't go in my favour, I get the chance to keep what I was originally offered? Daily standard living.....
    I just need a little clarification please?
    I hope you are all having a nice day. Reading everyone's comments I don't feel so alone in all this. I have gone from feeling suicidal again, to feeling content ?
    thank you all

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    If there's any chance of losing what you already have they will warn before removing any points. This will give you the chance to cancel the appeal and keep your existing award or carry on and risk it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Debbie1234
    Poppy thank you ☺️ (start breathing again) now lol....

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.