ESA SUDDENLY STOPPED - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA SUDDENLY STOPPED

2»

Comments

• Debbie1234
    Debbie1234 Community member Posts: 183 Courageous
    My husband also wants me to say a big thank you to you and this lovely website x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Yes the carers allowance will be deducted in full from your ESA BUT the carers allowance will be paid separate to your husband, either weekly or 4 weekly, which ever he chooses.

Then they will add a carers premium to your ESA of £37.50 per week. This means that it works out that you'll be £37.50 per week better off.

DWP advisers are not really the best people to ask for any advice because they mostly read from a screen in front of them.

When he claims successfully please don't panic because it will look like you're receiving less money but you won't be i promise. I claim carers allowance for looking after my daughter and i receive my CA every 4 weeks, rather than weekly because it works out better for me.

I'm glad you joined our community and i was able to give you this advice :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Debbie1234
    OH MY DAYS ? I am in complete shock!!! Thank you so very much Poppy. This extra money really will help us out ☺️ It hadn't turned out such a bad day after all
  • Debbie1234
    We get housing benefit, will they essentially deduct carers money from that. I still can't quite believe it ?
    thank you so much everyone 
  • poppy123456
    You're very welcome! No, it won't affect your housing benefit. You will need to tell your local council that he's claiming the carers allowance though because it's taxable income but it won't affect anything.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I must say it is amazing what you find out on here and @poppy123456 you are a star and you knowledge is so valuable to people on here.

Hope you having a better day now @Debbie1234
  • Debbie1234
    Hi Janer ?
    I am having a much better day thank you. I am resting in bed, but I am ok....
    can you believe it??? I am absolutely gob smacked!!! I enquired about carers allowance for my husband way back in February 2018 and the DWP Told me that it would be pointless because the £37 odd money that my husband would get they would take it off my employment support allowance, So it would be a lot of hassle for the same money!! "Her words" She failed to mention that after this happens they award you more money so as a matter of fact you are better off. Poppy and Mike I find them very knowledgeable and everyone on here so kind and friendly and supportive ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree the forum is great and so glad I joined and now I'm a champion I love helping where I can 

Enjoy the rest you deserve it 
  • Debbie1234
    Thank you ☺️ have a lovely day....
    It is so nice to help a little to put a smile on someone's face x
  • poppy123456
    @janer1967 such lovely words, thank you :smile:

@Debbie1234 glad i was able to put that smile back :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.