PIP Advice please. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Advice please.

Options
Whatnext
Whatnext Community member Posts: 9 Listener
My PIP award ends in November 2020 and I haven't heard from the DWP yet. I was told that if a person had to go to Tribunal, which I did to have my mobility award enhanced to Higher Rate, then I won't automatically received a renewal form or a review form from the DWP and that I will need to start from scratch and make a new application. This has never happened to me before. 
Can someone please advise me as I'm worried about it. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

When awarded by a Tribunal DWP usually contact you 14 weeks before the award is due to end. Yes you'll be sent more PIP2 forms rather than the review forms. Not that it really makes any difference because you should always put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you, regardless of which form you receive.

I'd advise you to ring them tomorrow morning once they are open at 8am.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Whatnext
    Options
    I will. Thank you. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Whatnext! It's good to see that you managed to find the PIP category. Did you manage to ring them? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi I hoper you managed to give them a call and find out some more information

Keep us up to date
  • Whatnext
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I gave the DWP a call and they have extended my PIP award until May 2021 but I have nothing in writing to support this. 
    My blue badge expires in November 2020 and I need an update on my PIP paperwork to apply for a new Blue badge.
    Now on the phone to the DWP again for a Paper copy of my updated extended award.... ? 
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    What a faff @Whatnext :( I hope you get your paper copy soon

• Whatnext
    edited August 2020
    Options
    After waiting in a queue on the phone to PIP for 1 hour and 22 minutes (Do I hold some kind of record for that, I wonder?!! :D ), I finally got to speak to someone. 
     An extended award cover note is now in the mail to me. Yipee.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Excellent news @Whatnext! Even if you did have to work for it :/ 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.