PIP CLAIM - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP CLAIM

Comments

• james19o6
    james19o6 Community member Posts: 158 Courageous
    cupcake88 said:
    Hi there I’m still waiting for my letter and my report but I called them and they told me over the phone . 
    Did they tell you the decision over the phone? If yes, when did you have you telephone assessment ?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad it all went ok @james19o6! I hope you hear from them soon. Keep us updated with the outcome :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • river123
    river123 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
    Hi @james19o6  I had my assessment nearly twos weeks ago tomorrow and I got a text the following day to say my report has been received then I rang them and requested the report 2 days after and i received it 3 days after that then I rang dwp on Monday just gone and was told a decision had been made witch sadly was bad news for me, I’m going to go in for a MR and take things from there. I hope all goes well for you.. fingers crossed you’ll have a fast answer, mine took less than two weeks. Good luck 
  • james19o6
    Thank you very much my appoitment took around 90 minutes. I hope it all goes well for you too @river123
  • james19o6
    Will the DWP send me a message stating they have received my assessment report?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    james19o6 said:
    Will the DWP send me a message stating they have received my assessment report?

Yes they will providing you gave them your mobile number when you filled out the PIP form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • river123
    You don’t have to wait for the dwp to send you a message @james19o6 you could always ring them to see if they have your report as I’m guessing if it’s anything like mine and lots of others on this forum they would of received your report and u can request it to be sent out to u 
  • james19o6
    Not a problem thank you very much for you advice and help guys. I didnt receive a text today as i had my interview yesterday. Will give it some days and then ring up.
    Many thanks again 
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2020
    Sometimes the report isn't always returned straight away. I always advise people to wait at least week before ringing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • river123
    @james19o6 you could always give them a ring tomorrow and just see, won’t do u any harm.. could put your mind at abit of ease too as it’s horrible waiting on the dwp as they don’t rush do they. It can just be a ball ache trying to get hold of them. Best wishes. I am still awaiting for my decision letter I have been told the decision over the phone but I just need the letter to do my MR.. 
  • james19o6
    Hello guys,
    As you guys know i had my telephone assessment on the 12th August. And on monday i rang up to ask for a copy of assessment report and the lady told me that the report just arrived and the assessor told me he will send it straight away same day, do you guys this means something or is it normal?
    Also i forgot to ask her how long it will take by post to receive my assessment report. I have ordered it on Monday the 17th August, how many days foes it usually take?

Many thanks
  • poppy123456
    Nothing wrong with that and it doens't mean anything other than the report was returned to DWP because it was completed.
    It can take up to 10 days to receive it.
  • james19o6
    edited August 2020
    Hello,
    I have just rang the Pip line and good news i have been awarded pip the standard rate of daily living but have not been awarded the mobility which i am disabled as i have a venous malformation on my left calf and use crutches to walk. The guy on the phone said he is still waiting for the approval which he will see it on the system overnight. Do you guys think the decision can change or not?
    I also have a vsd repair on my heart and its still present so i cant breath a lot and cant walk long distances.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    If you can walk with aids over the distance levels on the descriptors then no award will be given 

Good news about the daily living 

If you disagree with decision you can put in for MR 
  • james19o6
    Yes but i can only walk like few houses and my sons look after me always @janer1967/?
  • justlooking88
    justlooking88 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    james19o6 said:
    Yes but i can only walk like few houses and my sons look after me always @janer1967/?
    A few houses could be consistent with over 50m. You might have a B and 4 points but no award for Mobility 
  • james19o6
    Okay thank you. Also if i choose to have mr is there a possibility i can loose this award?
  • poppy123456
    Hi,

Before requesting the MR you should get expert advice. No one on an internet forum can tell you whether there's any risks to your current award.
  • mk2000
    mk2000 Community member Posts: 57 Connected
    I would accept what they have gave you its not worth the risk of loosing anything 
  • poppy123456
    james19o6 said:
    Hello,
    I have just rang the Pip line and good news i have been awarded pip the standard rate of daily living but have not been awarded the mobility which i am disabled as i have a venous malformation on my left calf and use crutches to walk. The guy on the phone said he is still waiting for the approval which he will see it on the system overnight. Do you guys think the decision can change or not?
    I also have a vsd repair on my heart and its still present so i cant breath a lot and cant walk long distances.

Confused by this... it can take up to 24 hours for the decision to be uploaded onto all the systems. They decision was either made or it wasn't.. if it wasn't they can't see it. Once it's made, it's final.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.