Rising Phoenix: Prince Harry to appear in Netflix documentary about the Paralympic Games — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Rising Phoenix: Prince Harry to appear in Netflix documentary about the Paralympic Games

Chloe_Scope
Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger

Rising Phoenix: Prince Harry to appear in Netflix documentary about the Paralympic Games – Independent

A new documentary about the Paralympic Games featuring Prince Harry is coming to Netflix. 

On Thursday, Netflix released a trailer ahead of the 26 August release of Rising Phoenix, which features Paralympians from around the world and “tells the extraordinary story of the Paralympic Games. 

From the rubble of World War II to the third biggest sporting event on the planet, along the way sparking a global movement which continues to change the way the world thinks about disability, diversity and human potential,” the film’s description reads.

You can read the full article here: Rising Phoenix: Prince Harry to appear in Netflix documentary about the Paralympic Games – Independent

How do you feel about the Paralympic? Is it about time that there is a disability documentary on a large streaming platform? Anyone planning on watching it? Let us know in the comments below!
Scope

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    I think it's great that disabled people are getting more representation on screen and I'll be watching it!  

For anyone who has Netflix I'd also recommend Crip Camp: A Disability Revolution.  This is a film about an American summer camp that took place in the 1960's for young disabled people.  Some of the people who attended went on to become famous disability activists like Judy Heumann.  It's really interesting to watch and see the fun they got up to :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I really want to watch Crip Camp! It has been on my watch list for ages. Maybe one for this weekend. :)
    Scope

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Oooh make sure you do, I absolutely loved it! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness