Appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal

laxy
laxy Community member Posts: 38 Connected
Can any one help as pip has let me down despite the report they gave me which of full of lies. I did a md and still they telling me im not entitled to pip. I gave a detailed report of my crohns disease and perianl disease.  I have a stoma etc. Im so stressed out anf almost is giving up. I feel like im fighting for nothing.i have no hope left in apealing. :/

Comments

• laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
    You've done the hard work with your MR, it isn't that much more to do to take it to tribunal. I understand you've got those conditions but PIP isn't about your diagnosis, it's about how it affects your abilities to complete the descriptors. 

If you need help with the tribunal process you could speak to your local citizens advice? They may be able to help walk you through what you need to do.

A lot of tribunals are more successful than mandatory reconsiderations so please don't be put off! 
    Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
  • laxy
    @Laurapeach I just feel like im doing so much to prove them, even the paper work isnt enough i will try the appeal and see what the final decision is. Thank you so much 
  • laxy
    @laurapeach

For the tribunal do i need to resend all reports 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @laxu and welcome to the community, glad you have joined us here.

If you think you are entitled then go for the appeal as mentioned above the tribunal have a better success rate than MR.

Try and not focus on the assessors report as the tribunal panel will not be interested in this. The best thing is to look at the descrioptors in detail and give real life examples of what happens when you try and do that task, how long does it take, do you use any aids or support, can you do it safely , can you do it at all and if not why not.

Once you have applied to tribunal you will get a bundle of papers from DWP and the court will also get a copy this will include any documents you have already sent to DWP. Look through the bundle then send any further evidence not included
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @laxy, how are you doing? :)
    Scope

• laxy
    @chloe_scope

hi im ok, i have appealed my pip and just need to send my evidence to a adress that they have given so i can back my case. lets see with the outcome. i hope i have explained myself well with the discriptors
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,
    Medical evidence is only good if it states how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.Anecdotal evidence is always the best and is what they will look for. Just a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. You should include things like, where you were, what happened and who seen it. Once you've done this send it to HMCTS.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • laxy
    oh but i have sent my appeal through, do you mean anecdotal evidence? 
  • poppy123456
    Yes i know you've sent your appeal request and yes Anedotal evidence is what i advised.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    laxy said:
    oh but i have sent my appeal through,
    You can still send the anecdotal evidence, even though you've requested the appeal.

• Chloe_Scope
    Hi @laxy, I hope the advice above has been helpful. :)
    Scope

• laxy
    Thanks.i will try and send information on my medical bit i still.have a horrible feeling of.being rejected. Especially since i cant work due ill health everything is a battle fighting for help ?I fough for esa, uc , pip .....i finally got esa and now jist pip
  • poppy123456
    PIP isn't about not being able to work because people claim PIP and work. It's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.
  • Chloe_Scope
    If you need anymore advice @laxy then just give us a shout. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.