Nasty word said by Tram Official!!! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Nasty word said by Tram Official!!!

m_burrell82
m_burrell82 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 171 Pioneering
Nasty word said by Tram Official as I said to him about standing near me without fully covering his nose and mouth, certainly not Socially Distanced from me. The word that this Charity used to be called before becoming Scope, that's what he called me after looking at my swollen foot. I've been called nasty stuff before, but at least now I have this forum to call it out. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @m_burrell82 Sorry to hear about how you were treated by the tram official and maybe it would be worth putting in a complaint to the company so they can rectify this and make sure it doesnt happen to anyone else

It isnt acceptable behaviour from a customer facing employee that must come across many different disabilities during their work
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    @m_burrell82 I am so sorry you have experienced this.  It is out of order and totally unprofessional.  Are you okay now?

Do you feel confident making a complaint about the tram official's behaviour or do you have anyone to support you to do that?  Ideally this needs reporting so he doesn't make such discriminatory comments about customers again :(
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • jaknit
    jaknit Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    the official is  bang out of order and i would consider reportong it. sorry you experienced this. big elbow bump  or we can make virtual bubble so then it would be not elbow bump but big hug. 
  • m_burrell82
    m_burrell82 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 171 Pioneering
    I talk about it to my carer tomorrow morning. Not that I'm good at recognising or describing folk a lot of times.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Yep I'd definitely talk to your carer about it.  Don't worry over recognising or describing the person, they might be able to narrow it down based on the time you were travelling.

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    I've just had to Google what Scope was previously called and am shocked tbh...  :o  I never knew that term was ever official rather than offensive, surprising how language changes over time.  

Can't say I've heard it anywhere for 10-15 years now.  I might expect to hear something like that from my Nan, but not from someone in a public role!  As everyone else has said, it definitely needs reporting.

Brightness