Pip update - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip update

2»

Comments

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    @janer1967 hi thanks so much janer and thank you for all your advice can’t thank you enough , @Tori_Scope thanks so much for your kind words , @Ami2301 thank you so much 

@chiarieds @Username_removed
    @rsx @Cher_Scope @Cressida thank you so much your support and advice means the world to me .

sorry if I left any one out thanks so much to you all Xx 

@Debbie1234 hi Debbie thanks for your comment . No mental health professional should be calling you damaged for life . My mental health team always say I won’t be like this my whole life I have little hope . But I think that’s rude for them to tell you that . Your not a damaged women your a strong amazing women who’s been threw hell and yet still here surviving . 

No it’s trauma therapy they want me to do which is going to be bit traumatic for me . 

I’m sorry the therapy did not work for you . Maybe it will one day but your not damaged just not well . All tho our memories can’t be erased hopefully we can learn to cope with it . 
  • cupcake88
    @pinkrose hi pink rose yeh I wasn’t sure to post it but I wanted to let you all know and thank every one for there support still haven’t got my letter yet lol so I don know when my money will go in . 

@rsx how long did it take for your money to go in. ? 
  • rsx
    rsx Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    edited August 2020
    @cupcake88 I haven't had my decision letter yet, thought it might come today but it didnt , but I received my back pay today.
  • cupcake88
    Hiya every one today I received my back pay I still haven't got my report yet ha ha or my pip award letter . By any ones experience does that mean my payment will be this date every month ?  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    That's good news. No, it doesn't because it's not paid monthly, it's paid every 4 weeks. You should receive the decision letter sometime next week, as it's not unusual to have the money before the letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great you got your money through that has been quick from your assessment to being paid 

Looks like some retail therapy is in order 
  • cupcake88
    Oh right so do you usually get a list of dates or will it be 4 weeks from today ? 

@janer1967 yeh it was rather quick I’m so greatful I don’t go shopping lol I might order online I should treat my self . 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    The date of payment is hard to predict you will have to wait for the letter 

I meant online shopping 
  • poppy123456
    cupcake88 said:
    Oh right so do you usually get a list of dates or will it be 4 weeks from today ? 

No you don't get a list of dates. Your award letter will explain when it's paid from and when your payment day is and it's paid every 4 weeks.

For example mine is every 4 weeks on a Wednesday and my last one was Wed 12th August, my next one will be Wed 9th Sept. My daughters last one was Tues 6th August and her next one will be Tues 3rd Sept.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cupcake88
    Thanks so much ladies xx and yeh I will treat my self I haven’t in a long time . Xx 
  • cupcake88
    Hi every one I did some online shopping I got a thank you nhs charm and a house charm seen as I rarely leave my house ha . It’s just some thing to mark this stage in my life . 

• river123
    river123 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
    Aww well done @cupcake88 I am really pleased for you.. I got my decision letter in the post yesterday and I was scored more than I assumed by looking at my report. I scored 6 but still obviously isn’t enough for an award. I have sent of my MR now with medical evidence and also other evidence of myself and my mum that we have writen. Taking it to the next step now and will just see how I go from there.. 
    @Debbie1234 Hi Debbie are you appealing or doing the MR so far? I’m not yet at the appealing I’ve just sent of my MR yesterday and hoping they receive all my information next week.. 
  • cupcake88
    Just a update every one my pip is for 2 years . 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's great news @cupcake88! Really pleased for you. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • cupcake88
    @poppy123456 hi I just got my report threw today . And it says on her report she recommends a review in a year but on my actual letter it says I have it till June 2022 Does that mean they will review me in a year or will it be 6 months before 2022 am I guaranteed my money till till June  2022 ? I also got one says that the money went up in April 2020 will I be back paid for that  ? 
  • poppy123456
    Reviews take place about 6 months before the award is due to end. Your backdated money should have included the benefits increase that was in April.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.