HMCTS - crazy evening trying to get the smallest of PIP appeal updates — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HMCTS - crazy evening trying to get the smallest of PIP appeal updates

Martin2019
Martin2019 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
Hi- my story so far -
August 2019- applied for
PIP then had assessment Dec 2020. Went through MR and then to Appeal from April 2020. I was sent a link to “ login” to see the status of my PIP appeal but it never works and have emailed the HMCTS service who take about a week to reply each time and the new online appeal tracker doesn’t recognise my postcode. Any advice !? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community glad you have joined us
    I am sorry I haven't heard of the new online tracker and not seen anybody on here mention it.

It could be due to the covid situation that it isnt being updated or something 

What are you trying to find out about your appeal are you waiting for a hearing date ? If so give them a call and see if they have any idea on waiting times 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,611 Disability Gamechanger
    The online tracker isn't all that useful tbh, it doesn't give you expected timescales.  Just tells you when things have happened...but it's so slow to update it's pretty irrelevant. I had my bundle long before it said that DWP had responded, then had my tribunal date confirmation long before it said a date had been booked.  As long as your claim is all setup properly, you really don't need the online tracker.

With regards to the post code, it might be a format issue.  Some sites need to have the gap between the first and second half, others have it all run together.  Some need the letters all in capitals.  And lastly, if you have a letter o or a zero, make sure thats correct as it's so easy to get the wrong one there.
  • Martin2019
    Thank you - we did wonder what the online portal would tell us - we have sent additional evidence to support my appeal. Would you know if every time you send additional evidence in if that puts it back down the que ? I’m aware it might take a year or so for the actual appeal ! 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Martin2019

How are you today? 

Best of luck with your appeal, do let us know how you get on and if we can be of any further assistance. 

Regarding evidence, obviously the more you send in, and the sooner you do it, the better. However, I'm not sure if this would put your appeal further down the queue. I'm sure that other users will be able to advise on that aspect.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Martin2019
    Thanks guys - would they want to know about current therapy ? I have been in waiting lists for counselling and therapies from before my claim and they then got cancelled due to the pandemic , I have re applied would they want to know this info?
  • atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    They will only consider your claim, as of August 2019 and they will not rely on any pending treatments/therapies.
  • Martin2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Wish you the best of luck @Martin2019 and please let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• Martin2019
    Also now changed it from a paper assessment to face 2 face in the hope might be telephone or at tribunal. Crazy the waiting times , 
  • Chloe_Scope
    I hope you get clarity soon @Martin2019
    Scope

• Martin2019
    Hello I am still waiting flr
    my appeal - I finally managed to get my partner to get access to the online appeal update and we are now over a year since I applied for
    pip and over 7 months since I appealed after MR to tribunal - hoping I might get a date for the hearing soon ? 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Fingers crossed @Martin2019!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.