Just saying hello ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just saying hello ?

Options
Lauren95
Lauren95 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
Hello everyone I just wanted to say hi and check how everyone is doing? ?

Comments

• serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Lauren95

i hope you are well ! 
    I’m not great today unfortunately,,? I will get over it..
    I’ve just put a post in the coffee lounge about it..
    Take care ad thanks for asking how we are ??
     :)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Lauren95. How are you? I hope you are well.
    In my case, "the mind is willing but the body is weak", which means that there's a lot I'm eager to do but I'm too fatigued!
    By the way, I've just replied to Serenity2, I hope my message will be received. 
    I'm quite happy otherwise, as today I received the cutest little toy dog from Hearing Dogs for Deaf people, my gift for taking on sponsorship for the training of one of their puppies! I always look out for worthwhile causes to support and this takes my mind off my own health problems.

Wishing everyone well. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Lauren95
    Hello Lauren! I'm very well thanks, how are you?  Up to anything nice this weekend? 

@Oxonlady
    Aww I bet that toy dog is so cute, and good on you for sponsoring a puppy for a great cause. I sponsor a puppy myself for Guide Dogs and he is so adorable :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Oxonlady
    Options
    Hi Ross_Scope, thank you for your kind words.
    I also have been sponsoring a puppy for Guide Dogs, for some years now. I can't have a dog, as I'm housebound but I do have a lovely cat called Lancelot. 

Here are my pooches, if I manage to attach a photo!
    Wishing everyone a peaceful weekend. 
  • Lauren95
    Options
    Hello Ross scope am ok everything is starting to fit into place after in incredibly hard few months. Losing mum was the hardest thing I have ever experienced. Just chilling this weekend. Hope you have a good weekend. ? 
  • Lauren95
    Options
    hope you get well soon serenity2 and keep us updated xx 

• Lauren95
    Options
    Hiya Oxonlady lovely pictures of your dogs there xx 
  • Oxonlady
    Options
    Hi Lauren95, sorry to hear about your Mum. 
    I lost my Mum eight years ago but I still haven't quite allowed myself to think that she's gone. She was my best friend and a very kind lady. 
    I suppose we try our best to keep going despite our problems  and challenges and hope for more peaceful days.
    Have a pleasant weekend. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    @Oxonlady
    Those pictures of your dogs are lovely :) And Lancelot is a great name for a cat!

@Lauren95
    I'm glad that things are starting to improve for you and I hope your chilled out weekend is a good one :) 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Options
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Hello @AlisonNetty, how are you? 

• Lauren95
    Options
    So Sorry i haven’t answered you yet it’s been nuts here hope you’re all ok ? Xx 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    All good here thanks @Lauren95, how are you?

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Lauren95 - great to hear from you, & I hope this is a good New Year for you. :)
  • MPowell_1991
    MPowell_1991 Community member Posts: 83 Courageous
    Options
    Lauren95 said:
    Hello everyone I just wanted to say hi and check how everyone is doing? ?
    Hi Lauren! - a happy new year to you, i'm well thanks, how about you? x
  • Lauren95
    Options
    Happy new year to you another lockdown ?I don’t know how am going to cope ?
  • AlisonNetty
    Options
    I have 2 members of my family having covid.... I have been out since July 2020. Boris had to do something.... 
    My mental health isn't good as I have depression.... but I'll have to just keep coping..... 
    I cant move now so feeling let down at moment... but I guess that can wait for now... I have asthma and diabetes so I have to just keep staying in doors.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry that two of your family members have coronavirus @AlisonNetty. Are they doing okay? 

Yes, it can be tough on our mental health to stay inside so much, but it unfortunately seems necessary for now. Do you have things you can do to keep yourself occupied at home? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Lauren95
    Options
    Hello everyone happy new year to you all. Yes I am coping and getting on with life as much as lockdown will let you. Hope everyone is alright? It’s lovely to be back xxx 
  • AlisonNetty
    Options
    Hello. Sorry I haven't been about, I moved into a new place because icoulnt manage a two bed house so I'm in a bungalow now. It's really strange because I lived in the 2bed house for 33 years. My son grow up there, my husband il treated me there.. Got my divorce there. I miss my home a lot..... Got to make new memories in the bungalow. I have my cat to help with that. 
    Just wanted o let you kknw why I wasn't about.. 

Brightness