Things that made me happy today - August - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Things that made me happy today - August

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Exactly! Strange isn’t it. ?
    no wonder they can’t count up to twenty!

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    @leeCal that's so strange! I support the front paws have a dewclaw which is its thumb. :)
    Scope

• leeCal
    Yes @Chloe_Scope they have five on the front and four at the back.  The same with dogs I think. I’d never have noticed. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Today I am happy because a flower I thought had died in the garden has burst into life!! Also, I have pizza for tea \o/ What's been good for you today? 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    Well, I saw a friend of mine and we had a chat and he gave me some more timber! Yay! Now I can fix my decking, not today though because it’s too hot for that sort of work.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Yay for timber!! Your decking will look smashing.  

I'm feeling happy today because I went for a jog for the first time in a while last night and managed to do 5k.  Next stop - the Olympics :D

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    edited August 2020
    It rained, glorious rain at last and the temperature dropped and it’s lovely ??☔️

(It was light rain, no flash flooding which must be awful.)

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    It's a lot cooler today and tomorrow I am meeting up with a close friend! :)
    Scope

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Seeing my son this morning on his birthday. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Happy stuff all round! Enjoy seeing your friend @Chloe_Scope and happy birthday to your son @chiarieds :) 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Many happy returns to your son @chiarieds, hope you have a fabulous time seeing him :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
  • RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    @Cher_Scope

Gardening, watching gardening channels on YouTube to get more ideas and feeding the squirrels, ducks and geese that I know??
  • Ross_Alumni
    Hi @RAwarrior

You might find the gardening discussions in the coffee lounge section of the forum interesting, I'd recommend getting involved over there, if you haven't already. 

I bet feeding those animals is so much fun, they all probably look forward to seeing you :) 

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • RAwarrior
    @Ross_Scope
    Thank you very much?
    I have been posting on the garden thread and it is such a wonderful thread with so many so many beautiful photos having been posted by this lovely community. I love gardening so it’s great to see what other members of the online community have been growing. It really helps me to focus on nice things.

I really do enjoy feeding the squirrels, ducks, geese, crows, magpies etc and many of them do know me. It makes a huge difference to me to feed the squirrels etc because it really lifts my mood and helps me to focus on something which I enjoy. As I have said previously just being outside really helps me. I am not a medical expert however, I know in recent years the benefits of interacting with nature have been highlighted. I find it so calming to sit in the park or in a forest and to just take in my surroundings. It is so lovely to listen to the bird sounds or ducks quacking. In my case it really helps especially when I am anxious or stressed.
     I have posted lots of photos of the animals which I feed on a wildlife thread which was started by @Lauren95 in case you haven’t already seen them??

I think the online community is a wonderful place for people to share their thoughts and ideas?

Many thanks ?
  • Ross_Alumni
    @RAwarrior

Absolutely, I'm delighted that nature makes you feel that way. It certainly is quite therapeutic to feel the fresh outdoor air and feed such beautiful animals. 

• RAwarrior
    @Ross_Scope
    Thank you very much?
    It’s really lovely to see the squirrels run over to me. Two of them actually climb on me and take the hazelnuts from my hand but these squirrels are very gentle natured. I have to very careful as squirrels have extremely sharp teeth and I feed them hazelnuts in their shells which they crack open in seconds! It is really great to observe squirrels and when they take the hazelnut they always rotate the nut in their paws before they eat it. What they are actually doing is assessing the quality of the hazelnut to decide whether to eat it or to bury it for later?It’s also interesting to listen to the various sounds they make one of which actually sounds like an ape which is basically a warning for other squirrels to keep away? I have learned a lot about squirrels recently and I appreciate this is not a website about wildlife however, in my case it has really helped me to focus on positive things which I enjoy (if you read some of my other posts you will understand).
    Many thanks ?
  • Ross_Alumni
    @RAwarrior

This may not be a forum about wildlife, but we absolutely welcome you talking about it. It's fascinating to hear how passionate you clearly are about the subject and it's great that you enjoy nature so much. 

You have taught me a couple of new things about squirrels there, thank you :) 

I have spent time feeding squirrels in the past and it's always been so much fun. Me and my partner used to take a bag of nuts to a large park and just spend ages walking round trying to find the squirrels. They can be quite skitty if you get too close so it's important to be quiet and gentle.

• serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    edited August 2020
    hi hi and thank you for this post @Cher_Scope
    this scope forum has helped and made me happier today.
    @Oxonlady
    @janer1967
    @Ross_Scope

and anyone else ...
    for their inputs and validations as I was feeling sad, and down, feeling better after coming along here..
    thank you everyone ! ?
     :)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • Ross_Alumni
    @serenity2

I'm glad the community has been helpful to you today, that's what it is here for :) Hope you have a lovely evening and enjoy that football match!

Brightness