PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

brum97
brum97 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
This is my first post and Ive filled out a PIP form that I sent back and now Ive been awaiting almost 3 weeks which I still havent heard back from PIP. Any advice how long and timescale to process form.

Comments

• Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    @brum97 welcome to the forum. I think because of the covid they are very behind with their paperwork , all I know is everything seems to take a span of 4 weeks so I would wait another week. In saying that someone else on this lovely site might give you further advice. Good luck
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

3 weeks isn't long at all to be honest. Expect severeal weeks and more in some areas. There's really no timescales.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • brum97
    @Lulu_1949 and @poppy123456 Thank you so much for your advice as I will await another few weeks. Thanks
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    @brum97 you are very welcome, let us know how you get on x
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Hi @brum97, like the others have said, it will be weeks due to the backlog, you can phone up and ask in couple weeks how your pip app is going, best wishes and take care :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @brum - & welcome to the community from me too. Don't worry, they will contact you with a date for your assessment. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @brum97 Welcome to the community glad you have joined us and members have advised,

I read another post saying someone still hadn't heard anything after 12 weeks since sending paperwork back so you may haver to wait a few more weeks yet
  • brum97
    Thank you all for being so welcoming, kind and I'm glad to be part of this community. Thanks for advice from @chiarieds and @janer1967
  • brum97
    Forget to mention a thanks to @katho31 for advice also.
  • laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
    @brum97 I applied in mid-January and didn't have my telephone assessment until mid-June so it might be a while yet. I've seen in some places they're not taking as long though.
    Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
  • brum97
    @laurapeach thanks for advice. Fingerscross that they contact soon. 
  • depressedmum09
    depressedmum09 Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    I applied at the beginning of march, I received a text to say they have received my application form, a week later. 22 weeks later and i only had my telephone assessment yesterday. 
    In total ive waited 4 months and i still dont have a decision. 
    Ive read it can be different timescales in different areas but I would just forget about you pip application for now. It could be a long wait.
  • brum97
    Hi 
    Just to give a update that I had my assestment about 1 week ago. The assesor was a lady who was nice and understanding. Now just waiting for the 8 week timescale for a decision.

• poppy123456
    There's no timescales for any decisions, it's just a guide. You can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • brum97
    Hi @poppy123456
    I was told by the assessor that the timescale would be around 8 weeks to receive a decision? Yes, I will request a copy of the report. Thanks
  • poppy123456
    Yes, they say the same thing to everyone. There's no timescales.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    hI @brum97 Glad things have moved a long for you and you have had your assessment. Fingers crossed for the outcome.

There have been a few posts recently with members having decisions a lot quicker within a couple of weeks so you may get lucky and hear earlier but as advised get a copy of your report to get some indication
  • brum97
    @janer1967 Thanks for the support and advice.
  • brum97
    Hi I've requested a copy of my report and its been 2 weeks which I still haven't received my report. Plus, I don't want to keep phoning them as well as I'm still awaiting my decision. Do you think phoning in will impact my claim. I have such bad anxiety and create some many scenarios in my head. Any advice?
  • poppy123456
    Ringing DWP will not make any difference at all to the decision on your claim.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.