PIP Runs out in september — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Runs out in september

Options
mstickler1
mstickler1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi,
does anyone know if you can email DWP about my PIP claim as it run's out on the 5th September & I have not heard anything yet, as I sent my claim form back in march & have tried phoning but waiting long times & no answer's. Also does anyone know if my Pip will be extended due to covid 19. As I know they are behind but I thought I might have heard about something by now.
many thanks
mark

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi @mstickler1 and welcome to our online community! It's great to have you here and I hope we can help you.

This link takes you to an overview of Personal Independence Payment that includes contact details for the DWP.

A lot of our members have spoken about there being a backlog so this might explain your delay.  Let us know how you get on.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community, the best way to contact them is by phone as you get an instant response you may wait a while for an email reply even if you find the right email address.

Was you PIP award as a result of a tribunal or from DWP

If from DWP you should get a letter saying your award has been extended as they havent re-assessed your claim as yet but it would be worth checking out as it isnt long till your award is due to end
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The best time to ring them is first thing in the morning as soon as they open. Please note the change of opening times for the telephone lines are now between 9am and 5pm and not 8am to 6pm. I rang them this morning at exactly 9am and waited just 15 minutes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mstickler1
    Options
    ok thanks for the replies funny thing is I've just got a text message from DWP today saying thanks for sending my form & they will be in touch with me soon
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That doesn't really help when your award ends very soon. You really should ring them to ask if your award has been extended by 6 months.

They don't always contact people when they've been extending awards due to Covid19. My award was originally ending at the end of October, i haven't even received my form yet. When i rang yesterday i was told it ends in April 2021, they didn't contact me to tell me this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mstickler1
    Options
    ok thanks poppy I'll try phoning them again to get an answer
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mstickler1, did you manage to get hold of them? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.