Pip tribunal win — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal win

kurt2920
kurt2920 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I got my final decision letter yesterday and was wondering can the dwp pip review this now or is it definitely for the time the judge granted and how long will it be before possible back payment received thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Great news. It can take between 2-8 weeks to receive backdated money. Even for PIP they can review you at anytime but after a Tribunal win you're usually contacted by DWP 14 weeks before the award is due to end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome great news about the tribunal win, it takes a few weeks for payment as the DWP have 4 weeks to request a statement of reasons not that they do this much but they have the right to appeal if they find an error in law.

Usually the DWP will contact you and ask if your bank details are correct and if you have been in hospital for any period of time, before they make the payment

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kurt2920 That's brilliant news and I'm sure a big relief.

I've popped your post over to our PIP and DLA board so other people can see you had a positive outcome.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • male45
    male45 Community member Posts: 336 Pioneering
    hi and welcome to the forum
    That is brilliant news and I'm sure after all the waiting you feel relieved tonight.
    As others have said you can be reviewed at any time and pip usually don't contend the tribunal decision

It can take a number of weeks before you receive back pay.
    Maybe in two weeks time ring dwp and enquire .
    Once again congratulations  on your win
    Best wishes.

Best Wishes 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news @kurt2920! Really happy for you. :)
    Scope

• Myiphone6
    Myiphone6 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Hi I was on DLA prior to applying for pip here's what I went through so 2 years ago I got a form that I had to now apply for pip as DLA was ending. I HD been on DLA for over 20 years due to MS and having a stroke in past to cut long story short I went on assessment looking a utter mess. I kno this for certain. The lady doing it assured me nothing to worry about. 4 months later letter arrives to my shock refusal not a point. The lady had lied on so many things. Anyway I had all my monies cut dla gone esa premium gone by half I was a mess I decided to appeal I lost that then yesterday I had my tribunal I had not one bit of hope I was going to win it I argued wether to even doit.It went well I did feel like rep of DWP was just trying to catch me out all the time with his. Do you have a mobile phone and do you use banking apps how do you pay your bill questions. But I did it 5 hours after having tribunal the judge rings me. And to be fair I was expecting a no but 15month after having my DLA took off me I got an Ward today for 18month granted only got 3months left by time payments start it'll be about to end but will i get that 15 month back pay on standard award on both criterias
  • FionaMay
    FionaMay Community member Posts: 7 Courageous
    edited September 2020
    Congratulations on winning your Tribunal.

You will get all the back pay, expect a call from them to ask whether your bank details are the same as they were on the form and whether you have been in prison or hospital at all in the last 15 months.  They will then pay you and the award letter should also reach you soon.

They can appeal the decision but it is rare that happens.

I don't know if they automatically send the renewal form out before your award ends or whether you need to request it, maybe you should give them a call and ask.

Like you, I had to go all the way to Tribunal and was pleasantly surprised to find I won.  One thing I have done is review the first application I sent in and decide where I could have done better.  Foe example, I should have given a lot more detail and not relied on the assessor to see for themselves how difficult the activities in the descriptors were for me.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along soon to answer any questions for you.

Edit:  When I started typing there were no replies but I see you have already been given lots of sound advice.  
  • Myiphone6
    Myiphone6 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    FionaMay. Thank you for your reply I'm glad I did it now so much as changed in my life since loosing pip that I dunno where to start this will help a lot though. Thank you ill keep my eye out for letter 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.