World Championship Snooker — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

World Championship Snooker

Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
edited August 2020 in Coffee lounge
Hello to the Scope community 
Does anyone Scope community like snooker
What amazing semi-finals they both nail-biting  finishes

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• male45
    male45 Community member Posts: 336 Pioneering
    @Globster
    I used to love snooker both watching and playing it after work.
    I especially loved it when Dennis Taylor beat Steve Davis is what I think was and is the best ever final.
    Since then I think snooker has gone down hill abit...sorry ? 
    I turned on eurosport the other day and was surprised not to be able to recognise any of the players...guess that tells my age now.

I'm sure there are other members on the forum who like snooker.
    Do you think Barry aherns changes made it worse?
    Best Wishes 
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    @male45 I do agree with you think Barry aherns changes made 
    I look forward to hear other people views on this 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• male45
    Yes it will be interesting to hear.
    When yoi watch the snooker these days, same old faces and a lot of Chinese players I noticed.

Who is or was your favourite player?
    I had a few, again back yonder years.

Steve Davis, Jimmy White, Dennis Taylor, and best of all...thee one and only Alex Higgins.
    Was past his grave side a few months ago and thought just how much he's missed.

Best Wishes 
  • male45
    Heres a few pics copied online shortly after his funeral. Hes buried up in roselawn  
    Best Wishes 
  • male45
    and if you pardon me I'm a little bit biased lol
    Thee best footballer in my humble opinion was. Again up in roaelawn not too far from Alex's plot Georgre Best
    Best Wishes 

Brightness